Disclosure: This recipe for Rosemary Chicken with Tomatoes contains sponsored and affiliate links. As an affiliate and Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclosure policy for more information.
I love skillet recipes. Using just one pan makes food prep and clean-up so much easier, which makes take-out a little less alluring on those busy weeknights.
An Easy Recipe for Rosemary Chicken Kids Can Help Make!
This skillet recipe for Rosemary Chicken with Tomatoes is an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love. And, as a bonus, the kids can help with nearly every step. Let’s check it out…
Ingredients for Rosemary Chicken with Tomatoes Recipe
The simplicity of the fresh ingredients for this rosemary chicken recipe is what make it so delicious and perfect for our busy family.
All you need are some kitchen staples, like butter, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and a few key ingredients: garlic, diced tomatoes, lemon juice, fresh rosemary sprigs, and chicken breasts. You could also use chicken cutlets or tenders to make it even quicker, too.
How to Make Rosemary Chicken with Tomatoes
Now, let’s get cooking! This rosemary chicken skillet recipe starts with butter and garlic in a heated cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a skillet, you can use any frying pan, but an oven-safe one will work best.
After the chicken breasts are browned, add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and pop it in the oven for a cook time of 10 minutes (or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 ºF. If your skillet isn’t oven-safe, you can transfer your rosemary chicken and tomatoes to a baking dish or small roasting pan before putting in the oven.
Psst… Have the kids help set the table — dinner will be ready soon!
Finishing Your Tomato Rosemary Chicken Breast Dish
While your rosemary chicken breast is in the oven, you can prepare a grain for mixing with the rosemary tomato sauce. This time I went with quinoa, but rice works nicely, too. Or, for more balanced nutrition, pair this protein recipe with a vegetable side dish like brussel sprouts or green beans.
Once you’ve plated your grain and rosemary chicken breast, top it with a squirt of lemon juice (or even some lemon zest), salt (I prefer kosher salt), black pepper, and of course, some sprigs of fresh rosemary.
I love this rosemary chicken with tomatoes served just like this. But, you can also make a thicker tomato sauce that tastes even richer by pushing some spoonfuls of cooked tomatoes through a sieve.
Full Recipe for Rosemary Chicken and Tomatoes
Rosemary Chicken with Tomatoes Skillet Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (plus to taste)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 3 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (around 2 cloves)
- lemon (juice and/or zest, to taste)
- quinoa (or other grain, prepared)
- Use colander to strain 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, reserving the juice.
- Rub 2 chicken breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, and the leaves of one of the 3 sprigs fresh rosemary.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and melt over medium heat, turning skillet to coat completely.
- Add 2 teaspoons minced garlic to skillet and stir until golden brown.
- Pour tomato juice into skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken breast to skillet and brown on each side, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes to skillet, then place skillet in oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. (If your skillet is not oven-safe, transfer contents into an oven-safe baking dish before baking.)
- Serve on top of prepared quinoa (or other grain). Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and/or zest, and remaining sprigs of rosemary to taste, before serving.
Everything You Need for this Recipe for Rosemary Chicken & Tomatoes:
Pompeian Rich Taste Olive OilHappy Belly Diced Tomatoes, Fire Roasted, 14.5 OunceLive Aromatic and Edible Herb – RosemarySpice World Squeeze Garlic, 9.5 ozRealemon 100% Lemon Juice, 2.5 ozSeasoning Bundle – 2 Items: McCormick Sea Salt Grinder & Black Peppercorn GrinderKerrygold Salted ButterSimple Chef Cast Iron Skillet 3-Piece SetHiramWare Stainless Steel ColanderU-Taste 10 Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons Set7 Piece Mixing Bowls with LidsFolkulture Wooden Spoons SetOTOTO Gracula Garlic Crusher
Plus, find all of our favorite cooking tools in B-Inspired Mama’s Amazon Shop: Fun Finds for Kids in the Kitchen
Like this Rosemary Chicken Breast Recipe? Save It & Share It!
Then, don’t forget to save this rosemary chicken skillet recipe to come back to. And, share it with friends! Simply use the buttons at the top or bottom of this post. Or, click here: Share on Facebook | Tweet It | Pin It | Email to a Friend
More Easy Recipes from B-Inspired Mama:
- Italian Chicken and “Magic” Spaghetti Squash
- Easy Italian Antipasto Grilled Chicken Wrap Recipe
- “Anything Goes!” Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal
- A Fun Twist of Grilled Cheese + More Quick Dinner Ideas