This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Redpack Tomatoes. It has sponsored and affiliate links. However, all opinions are 100% mine. See my disclosure policy for more information.
I just love skillet meals. They make food prep and clean-up so much easier, and make take-out a little less alluring on those busy nights.
A Rosemary Chicken Recipe the Kids Can Help Make!
This Skillet Tomato Rosemary Chicken recipe is an easy meal the whole family will love – and bonus: the kids can help with nearly every step so you don’t need to worry about distracting them while you get supper ready.
An Easy Skillet Tomato Rosemary Chicken Recipe
The simplicity of the ingredients is what makes this so delicious. You only need some lemon, garlic, diced tomatoes, and fresh rosemary to make this skillet chicken shine!
I highly recommend using Redpack Tomatoes for the diced tomatoes in this recipe. I’ve been using this brand for years and can attest to the quality. And with the tomatoes being the hero of this dish, you need quality.
I also love that they’re “Family-Owned and Family-Farmed.” Coming from a generation of farmers, I can appreciate how Redpack works with farmers they personally know to ensure the perfect harvest time for the ripest tomatoes and highest quality product.
This recipe starts with butter and garlic. Doesn’t every good recipe start with butter and garlic?
Rubbing olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary onto the chicken breasts helps to infuse them with amazing flavor before adding them to the skillet.
After the chicken browns in the skillet, you’ll add diced tomatoes before popping it in the oven to finish off – and soak up that amazing tomato rosemary flavor!
I like to cook a grain for mixing in with the tomatoes. This time I went with quinoa, but rice or even a bean medley would work nicely, too.
Psst… Have the kids help set the table – dinner will be ready soon!
Just follow your favorite quinoa’s package directions to prepare it.
The bright tomato and rosemary sauce will add flavor and texture to the quinoa. Which becomes a delicious bed for the rosemary chicken!
I love this Skillet Tomato Rosemary Chicken Recipe served like this, but if you’d like a bit of rich tomato sauce on top, simply push a spoonful of those cooked tomatoes through a sieve and spoon that delicious and simple sauce over top of your chicken breasts.
Print this Skillet Tomato Rosemary Chicken Recipe:
A delicious and easy Tomatoes and Rosemary Chicken Recipe - made in ONE skillet. Perfect for the kids to help make, too!
- Add butter to a skillet and melt completely; turning the skillet around to coat.
- Drain juice from diced tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Add garlic to the skillet and stir often while it cooks.
Once garlic is golden brown, add the reserved tomato juice. Bring butter-garlic-tomato juice to a low simmer.
- Rub chicken breasts with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Add chicken breasts to the skillet and brown on each side; about 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once chicken has browned, add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and place in the oven for 10 minutes to completely cook through. (If your skillet is not oven-safe, transfer contents of skillet to an oven safe casserole dish.)
- Once chicken is cooked through (to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit), remove from oven.
Season with salt, pepper, and/or lemon zest/juice, to taste, before serving.
Serve atop quinoa to make a complete, delicious meal.
For more delicious recipes with heart-healthy tomatoes, check out Redpack Tomatoes. And tell us about your favorite chicken recipe in the comments below!
More Easy Meal Ideas:
- Italian Chicken and “Magic” Spaghetti Squash
- Easy Italian Antipasto Grilled Chicken Wrap Recipe
- “Anything Goes!” Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal