Homemade playdough is always a hit in our home. Of course, playdough is great for sensory input and encouraging creativity. It’s a fun and easy gift to make for kids during the holiday season, too. And my new Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine makes it super easy to make a big batch for playing or gifting.
A Homemade Playdough Recipe Perfect for Christmas!
Here’s my Peppermint Playdough recipe in case you’d like to make some this holiday season, too…
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kenwood. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Peppermint Playdough Recipe – Using a Stand Mixer
This red and white peppermint-scented playdough is reminiscent of candy canes – perfect for Christmas time!
It only takes some flour, salt, oil, and cream of tartar as the base ingredients.
Then some boiling water to bring it all together into a soft warm dough.
It’s fun to play with right away because it’s so warm and soft.
But you can also layer it in a mason jar, add a tight lid, and give it as a sweet little Christmas gift or stocking stuffer.
The below recipe makes enough homemade playdough for two 16 ounce wide mouth mason jars.
More About the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine:
So far I’ve made a few cookie recipes and this homemade playdough recipe with it, and I’m loving the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine. I shouldn’t be surprised since Kenwood is the #1 global leader in innovation and expertise in kitchen food preparation. Here are the details for the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine…
- 750 watts of turbocharged power is twice the power of ordinary stand mixers.
- Electronic Variable Speed Control allows for gradual mixing and precise control.
- Dual Motor Ventilation prevents overheating and prolongs motor life.
- Solid stainless steel work bowl has rugged handles for easy removal from the machine.
- Comes with 3 stainless steel bowl tools: a power whisk, a dough hook and the signature K-Beater for maximum mixing performance.
- All tools are dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a five-year warranty on the powerful motor!
Visit the Kenwood website for more information on the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine and other Kenwood kitchen appliances.
Find this Helpful? Share with your Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
Print & Share this Homemade Peppermint Playdough Recipe:
Using your stand mixer makes this homemade playdough recipe super easy! Plus use food coloring a peppermint extract to make it festive for Christmas, too.
- Add all dry ingredients to your stand mixer, and mix on slow with the dough hook.
- While mixing on slow, add the vegetable oil and peppermint extract.
Turn mixer up to medium speed, and slowly and carefully add in boiling water. The mixture should start to come together to form a soft dough that pulls from the sides of the bowl. Add more boiling water as needed to get soft dough effect.
- Remove half of playdough, and set aside for use as white playdough.
Push an indent into the middle of the remaining playdough in the mixing bowl and squirt about five drops of red food coloring into indent.
Mix on medium speed until coloring is evenly dispersed and dough turns red. Add more food coloring and mix as needed to make playdough the desired red color.
- Play with playdough as is or layer in a mason jar for a fun holiday gift!
More Fun Holiday Ideas for Kids & Families:
- Seriously Fun Sensory Toys and Games – A B-Inspired Holiday Gift Guide
- Cocoa and a Bite – A Hot Chocolate in a Jar Gift any Family will LOVE!
- Take Your Child on a Magical Radio Flyer Adventure – Through a Book!