This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
A New Link Party of Awesome Articles & Books for Moms!
One of my favorite ways to sneak mom time in is through reading. And my smart phone has sure helped in that arena. I can sneak an article or two in while the kids run at the playground or read a bit in an eBook after my hubby dozes off in bed beside me. Yes, it DOES increase distracted smart phone time – but it is my time. And I need it – to stay sane. (So there!) Anyway, I’m always coming across interesting and inspiring reads that I want to share with all of you. So I thought it was time to start; each Monday! Here are my favorite reads – for moms – from this week for you to sneak in during your mama time. (And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
This Week’s Favorite Mama Reads
- Life Lessons I Learned While Doing Laundry – “The thing is: You can’t stop. You have to keep going—finish the laundry!—and the only way you can get to the bottom of the basket in life is to STOP OVERANALYZING and MAKE A DECISION.”
- No Airbrushing Allowed: This is What a Mother’s Body Really Looks Like – “…Beall’s work is the antithesis of that commercialized woman’s body. Here, stretch marks, C-section scars, and rounded bellies are the marks of a woman who has grown life inside her. They’re brandings of power…”
- Outdoor Rules to Live & Teach – “Don’t Be Afraid. Get dirty. Be welcoming of critters. When I heard one of my Montessori instructors say ‘in order to create a sense of awe and wonder in children, you need to hold back your fears,’ my journey to embracing and loving every thing about the outdoors began.”
- Expectant Mamas – “Psst. You. Yes. You. With the cute baby belly. Can I tell you a little secret? Motherhood is not as scary or as hard as it’s cracked up to be. It’s just not. Don’t let them all scare you.”
- As Summer Begins: The Truth No One Tells You About Having It All – “Half the sunrises behind her, half the harvest moons, half the fading summers — and all the beginnings and the firsts and all her own babies, all that behind. And it made her hurt and it made her smile: It’s all the things already behind a woman that bring her beauty front centre.”
- What’s Your “One Thing?” – “The fact of the matter is we all have 24 hours a day and we are all busy. However, we (thankfully) all have different priorities and different ‘one things’.”
- 10 Things I Learned About Living from People Who Almost Died – “[They] develop a spiritual connecting practice that they do every single day. This could be meditation, visualization, prayer, affirmations, or simply napping in the sun. Whatever the method, they “recharge their batteries” (and their immune system) by stopping what they’re doing, quieting their thoughts, and sinking into a beautiful state of deep, soulful rest.”
- Enough Already, America! – “Numbers don’t lie; Countries with gun control simply do not face the same issues with gun deaths that we face in this country. Don’t try and pretend otherwise; the spinning of numbers is ridiculous.”
Have Some Mama Reads to Share?
What have you been reading lately? What are your favorite books or blogs to read? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!