This post contains affiliate and partner links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Do you live far away from family? Or are you “social-distancing” due to illness? Chat, connect, and play games with family over Skype or Facetime using one of these 20 easy but fun ideas!
We have a blended family, with my two oldest kids living full-time at their dad’s home four excruciating hours away.
Yes, it’s challenging!
But we are so very thankful for the amazing technology of video-chatting to stay connected while living apart. The kids use video-chat to keep in touch with long-distance family and friends. And, they’ve come up with some clever and often silly ways to make Skype or Facetime with family more FUN!
Let’s check ’em out…
20 Ways to Make Skype or Facetime with Family More FUN!
- Play upbeat music and have a virtual dance party.
- Show off some new artwork or schoolwork.
- Care for a new pet or a plant together.
- Challenge them not to laugh, then make funny faces till they do!
- Have them read a children’s book they loved as a child.
- Choose from these nouns, verbs, and adjectives cards for a drawing prompt, then compare drawings.
- Take turns calling out a random animal for the other person to act out.
- Put on a concert of their favorite music using a karaoke mic.
- Play dress up and pretend to be the character or career-professional while chatting.
- Show off a new toy!
- Get homework help or have them call out the words for a spelling test.
- Make random animal sounds for the other person to guess.
- Cook or bake a family recipe while they walk you through the steps.
- Play charades!
- Write a collaborative silly story one sentence at a time.
- Use these conversation starters to learn more about one another.
- Spot something of a certain color in their room for them to find.
- Practice flashcards.
- Play a board game together with just one person doing the dice-rolling and game moves.
- Have your family member tell a story from their childhood!
Get these Video-Chat Ideas as a Printable Checklist!
Like these Ideas? Save ‘Em & Share ‘Em!
Then, don’t forget to save this resource to come back to. And, share it with friends! Simply use the buttons at the top or bottom of this post. Or, click here: Share on Facebook | Tweet It | Pin It | Email to a Friend
More — from B-Inspired Mama
Nancy T says
My 31/2 year old granddaughter and I play ‘hide and seek’ and her Mommy or Grandad comes to find us😊