A Fun Easter Recipe Using Extra Easter Candy!
Yes, I know; Easter has been done and gone for over a week now. But we STILL have a basket full of Easter Candy. I hid it away and give the kids treats from it on occasion, but I wanted to make something that would use some of it up. So I decided to get the kids in the kitchen to experiment with my Grandma Sherman’s chocolate chip cookie recipe and replace the chocolate chips with crushed up Easter Candy. And they turned out good; no AMAZING! Here’s the recipe…
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Kids in the Kitchen – Extra Easter Candy Cookies
My grandma passed away very unexpectedly a number of years ago. Last year my cousin and I scanned all of her recipes into the computer and created a photo book of her recipes. You could use any chocolate chip cookie recipe you like; just replace the chocolate chips with crushed up Easter Candy. But I highly recommend Grandma’s amazing recipe. Here’s her chocolate chip cookie recipe in her own handwriting:
And here’s how we added our extra Easter candy to it…
1. Place the extra Easter candy in a gallon sized freezer/storage bag. Let the kids crush it up by hitting it with a rolling pin.
2. Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
3. Cream together the white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and eggs using a hand or stand mixer.
4. Slowly combine the flour mixture with the sugar mixture until it forms a dough.
5. Mix the crushed Easter candy into the cookie dough.
6. Roll into smalls balls and place a few inches apart on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes or until done. They should still look a little doughy when you take them out. They will set up to be the best chewy cookie you’ve ever had!
Tools & Goodies for Your Extra Easter Candy Cookies
More Easter Recipes for Kids from B-Inspired Mama:
Here are 16 more creative ways to use extra Easter Candy. What do you do with all of your Easter Candy? Share in the comments below!
I just made these cookies with 2 easter bunnies all mashed up. They are Sooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!! My kids just love them!!!
Great idea for using up all of that extra candy. You've got me thinking now. I wonder what jelly beans would be like? Hmmmm. Thanks for the inspiration, and for sharing this at the Kid's Co-op.
Oh yum! I'd eat all of them if they had speckled robins eggs in them =o)
They look delicious but sadly all our Easter treats are long gone!! Thanks for visiting my blog, I have just come over to have a look at your wonderful blog. Now following via FB.
We definitely need to try these – I LOVE chewy cookies!
Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)