How About Some EASY Ways to Help the Environment?
I know you’ve got enough to worry about.
There’s the everyday stuff…
The pediatrician well visits, the toy room that still needs organized, helping the kids with their daily homework, planning your preschooler’s next play date, the never-ending “What’s for dinner?” question.
And the really important stuff…
I know how easy it is to get so caught up in the family stuff that you forget about the BIG ISSUES. The ones that affect us all – and definitely affect the future for our kids.
Like the environment.
So, I’m partnering today with B-Inspired Mama sponsor, Scott Tube-Free, to share some EASY ways to help the environment – as a family. Simple steps you can take in your home, right along with your kids, to make a positive impact (or lessen your negative impact) on our Earth. Let’s check ’em out…
6 Simple Ways to Help the Environment – As a Family
1. Garden with Your Kids – Plant a garden with the kids – even if it’s just a container garden like our Pizza Garden. It will help them foster an appreciation for their Earth and the environment. And maybe even prevent a couple grocery trips, too! Check out these tips from The Educators’ Spin On It if you’re first time gardeners.
2. Plant a Tree – Celebrate Arbor Day (or any day!) by planting a tree with your kids. Learn more about Arbor Day and tips for tree planting from this post at Rhythms of Play.
3. Save & Reuse Containers – Store cleaned plastic and glass containers in a box to use later for recycled craft projects or for storage and organization. Find inspiration in this post over at Happy Hooligans with over 50 ways to reuse glass baby food jars.
4. Go Thrift Shopping – Take the kids to the thrift store or garage-sale-ing with you. Incorporate conversation about how buying second-hand items and reusing items helps our environment by reducing waste and chemical output from production.
5. Give Homemade or Green Gifts – Designate a certain holiday (or all holidays!) as “green.” Meaning you will only give homemade gifts, second-hand gifts, or experiences as gifts. Consider this environmentally friendly cleaning supplies gift idea from Happy Hooligans.
6. Go Tube-Free – Did you know you can now go toilet paper tube-free? Here are the details…
Make a BIG Impact by Going Tube-Free!
Scott Tube-Free toilet paper offers a brand new, innovative approach to bath tissue by eliminating the cardboard tube! Who knew that the cardboard tube has been an unnecessary part of our toilet paper for more than 100 years.
Scott Tube-Free toilet paper is cushion-y soft but unrolls just like any other toilet paper, with no tube used at all.
By making the simple switch to Scott Tube-Free toilet paper, your family can save approximately 150 tubes per year – which is how many the average household uses annually – reducing waste and therefore helping the environment!
The Surprising Environmental Impact of Cardboard Tubes
Scott Tube-Free recently teamed up with a popular YouTube prankster to demonstrate how the cardboard toilet paper tubes we use have a big impact on our world.
Check out the video to see how he uses 66,000 tubes -the amount of tubes Americans go through in just over two minutes!
But before you head to the store, grab this Scott Tube-Free coupon!
Share With Friends:
[Tweet “Check out these simple ways to help the environment as a family! “]
[Tweet “Who knew – toilet paper doesn’t need a cardboard tube! #TossTheTube “]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Scott Tube-Free. All opinions are 100% mine. Please see my disclosure policy.