Celebrate with Some Fun Earth Day Activities!
So were able to get outside to play and try some nature crafts with the kids last week? We’re starting to see sunshine and get outdoors some more. I always get to appreciating nature and our Earth in Spring. I’m sure it’s no coincidence that Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd each year. Do you celebrate Earth Day with your kids? Here are some Earth Day activities to inspire you this year…
9 Easy – & Fun – Earth Day Activities
- Do Some Nature Crafting – Make sure to hop back to last week’s Kids Co-Op to find some nature crafts that would be fun to incorporate into your Earth Day celebration.
- Talk About Recycling & Make Recycled Crafts – Help the kids learn the concept and importance of recycling by crafting with recycled materials. Try making this cardboard pretend impact hammer, make a “trashy collage”, or doing one of these recycled art projects.
- Make an Earth Craft – Get the kids crafting to make their own Earth. You can make an Earth craft using recycled materials, make an Earth Suncatcher, or try this Earth Craft using coffee filters.
- Use Nature for Small World Play – Gather natural items outside (without harming nature of course!) to make a small world play setup. Check out this Nature Tuff Spot and our Fairy Houses for inspiration.
- Start Your Garden or Do Plant Activities – If it isn’t too early for your area, Earth Day would be the perfect day to start your garden with the kids! Or try one of these plant activities or paint some garden stones to get the kids excited about the way the Earth helps us grow things.
- Incorporate Earth Day Printables into your Homeschooling – Download and print this free Earth Day printables pack to have some easy Earth Day themed learning.
- Make an Earth-Inspired Treat! – Celebrate Earth Day with some Earth-inspired treats. Get the kids in the kitchen to help make some Earth Day Muffins, some fun Dirt Cups, or these semi-homemade Earth Day Swirl Cookies!
- Read Some Earth Day and Recycling Books – Snuggle up on the couch or gather in the sunshine outside to read about Earth Day. Check out these 13 books about Earth Day and these books about Recycling.
- How About an Earth Day Act of Kindness!? – The day that we’re celebrating kindness toward our Earth is a great day to show kindness for others ON our Earth, too. Try one of these Earth-friendly Acts of Kindness ideas.
More Earth Day Activities from B-Inspired Mama:
Do you and your kids celebrate Earth Day? If so, what are your favorite Earth Day activities? Make sure to link them up above and share in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.