Getting Tired of the Same Old Family Movie Night?
When the weather gets cold we find ourselves having more evenings at home as a family. And while I love snuggling up on the couch with my kids, there are only so many movies to watch and popcorn recipes to try before family movie night gets a little boring. So I thought I’d do some brainstorming – both for myself and for YOU and your family, too – of alternative fun family nights to get us through the wintery holiday season.
7 Fun Alternatives to Family Movie Night – For the Holiday Season!
- Cookie Baking Night – Get the entire family working together on baking the Christmas cookies this year. The kids will love helping in the kitchen, and the resulting goodies will make perfect gifts for neighbors and friends when you’re done!
- Board Game Night – Get out the board games and let the kids choose their favorite. Playing boards games will give you lots of chances to chat and laugh together.
- Christmas Ornament Crafting Party – Get the kids crafting some homemade Christmas ornaments. They make great gifts for grandparents!
- Ice Cream Sundaes for Dinner – Go ahead and break the rules. Set up an ice cream sundae bar and let the kids make and eat ice cream sundaes for dinner. Your kids will think you’re so cool!
- Family Puzzle Night – If your kids are old enough, start a giant jigsaw puzzle together. Putting puzzles together is almost meditative for me. I bet it would calm the kids, too.
- Family Reading Fort – Have the kids help make forts in the living room with blankets and chairs. Snuggle up inside and read children’s books or your favorite kid-friendly chapter book together.
- Family Dance Party – Surprise the kids with a copy of Just Dance 2016 and have a family dance party. Pick up a pizza for dinner so you can join in the fun without worrying about cooking or cleanup. You’ll burn off the calories dancing anyway!
Our Family Fun with Just Dance 2016
The new Just Dance 2016 features more than 40 top hits and fun favorites. Priscilla loved dancing and sinking along to “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor while Cliff and Sawyer preferred “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars. With over 40 to choose from, there’s bound to be a song or two that everyone in the family will love!
Just Dance 2016 is available for all motion-control gaming platforms, including the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Wii.
We played Just Dance 2016 on our Wii, but if you have a new-gen console like a Wii U, XBox One, or PlayStation 4, you can download the new Just Dance Controller App to use your smartphone to track your dance moves and play the game. No peripherals or added console cameras needed! Find and download the Just Dance Controller App on iTunes, Google Play, and the Windows Store.
How do you have fun with your family during the holidays? Any alternatives to the typical family movie night that you’d add to the list above? Share about it in the comments below!
More Family Fun from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Reply