An Easy Christmas Cookie Recipe Perfect for Santa
Is it terrible if I admit that my favorite part of the holiday season is the Christmas cookies?! They take me right back to the big family Christmas parties we had at my Grandmother’s house when I was a kid. A sparkling Christmas tree in the corner of my Grandparent’s log cabin, cousins playing pretend farm on the floor, and me sneaking fresh baked goods from the counter. It’s been a couple years since I’ve went all out baking Christmas cookies for gifts. But I think this year is the year to get to baking and gifting cookies again. Especially since B-Inspired Mama partner, Kenwood, sent me an awesome Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine to make my holiday baking easier – and more fun, too! Here’s the first Christmas cookie recipe I’ve used it for…
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kenwood. However all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Easy Red Velvet Christmas Cookie Sandwiches
I love me some semi-homemade baking. I don’t have time for “from scratch” with three kids circling while I’m in the kitchen. So this Christmas cookie recipe starts with a cake mix. A delicious Red Velvet Cake Mix!
(Scroll on down to see the full printable recipe!)
And aside from the boxed cake mix, all you need are a couple eggs and some butter to make rich Red Velvet Cookies!
Even when “cheating” with the boxed cake mix, mixing up my cookie dough with the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine – with it’s 750 watts of turbocharged power and Electronic Variable Speed Control – made me feel like a chef!
And that Variable Speed Control lets the ingredients gradually incorporate before mixing at high speeds, so they stay in the bowl and don’t make a mess. Of course, the handy plastic splash guard helps with that, too.
While the cookies were baking I used the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine to to turn my store-bought cream cheese frosting a nice festive green. The little hinged lid on the side of the guard was perfect for adding drops of green food coloring while the frosting was whipping.
Doesn’t that green fluffy frosting look so Christmas-sy between the bright Red Velvet Cookies?!
More About the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine:
Kenwood is the #1 global leader in innovation and expertise in kitchen food preparation. And home cooks and kitchen chefs must know it, because every three seconds, a Kenwood kitchen appliance is sold around the world! Check out the details for the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine…
- 750 watts of turbocharged power is twice the power of ordinary stand mixers.
- Electronic Variable Speed Control allows for gradual mixing and precise control.
- Dual Motor Ventilation prevents overheating and prolongs motor life.
- Solid stainless steel work bowl has rugged handles for easy removal from the machine.
- Comes with 3 stainless steel bowl tools: a power whisk, a dough hook and the signature K-Beater for maximum mixing performance.
- All tools are dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a five-year warranty on the powerful motor!
Visit the Kenwood website for more information on the Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine and other Kenwood kitchen appliances. And here’s the full Red Velvet Christmas Cookie Sandwich Recipe for you to print and save…
Red Velvet Christmas Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 16 ounce can store bought cream cheese frosting
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup Green Sugar Crystals
- Add all cookie ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack before adding frosting.
- Add frosting and food coloring to a bowl.
- Mix at medium speed until frosting turns evenly green.
For Making Cookie Sandwiches:
- Spread a cooled cookie with frosting.
- Add another cookie to make a cookie sandwich.
- Roll the edges of the cookie sandwich in a bowl of Green Sugar Crystals.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
What is your favorite Christmas cookie recipe? Tell me about it in the comments below!
More Christmas Cookie Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kenwood. The opinions and text are all mine.