This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of EVEREADY®. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Make Reading Fun with PAJAMAS, FORTS, & FLASHLIGHTS!
My kids love reading in their beds at bedtime with flashlights and headlamps. So when I learned about EVEREADY® and Scholastic’s Reading Under the Covers initiative to get family and kids reading together, I was super excited. I knew my kids would LOVE having their own “Pajama Jam Reading Party!” Check out the fun we had at our reading party and the must-haves for you to have your own…
Essentials for Your Pajama Jam Reading Party:
- The Pajama Jam Reading Party Toolkit – Hop on over to the Reading in the Dark website to download and print the Pajama Jam Reading Party Toolkit. It’s full of tips for planning, book ideas, and even yummy recipes!
- A Homemade Fort – A fun fort is definitely ESSENTIAL for a Pajama Jam Reading Party! Keep it simple with a blanket and some chairs or try one of these awesome ideas for building a fort with the kids.
- Lots of Pillows – Make sure the fort is cozy with lots of comfy pillows!
- EVEREADY® Flashlights & Lanterns – EVEREADY® offers lots of options for fun lighting for your reading party. We used our cool LED lantern to read by under our blanket fort.
- Yummy Snacks – Make a creative snack (We threw together a Caramel Apple Snack Mix with some apple flavored cereal, caramel apple candy corn, peanuts, and pretzels!) or try a DIY popcorn bar.
- BOOKS! – Make sure to have a stack of great children’s books on hand, of course. They can be all of one theme or a variety; have the kids help you choose from Scholastic’s 100 Must Read Books List. Better yet, earn a free book from Scholastic when you purchase two specially marked packages of EVEREADY® batteries and/or flashlights!
- Snuggles – Make sure that fort is big enough for you, too, Mama! Get right in their and snuggle up while you read to the littles. It’ll make for some awesome memories and a positive attitude about reading, too.
What do you think? Would your kids like a Pajama Jam Reading Party, too?
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Scholastic and EVEREADY® are teaming up to help parents shine a light on reading, even in the dark! EVEREADY®’s high quality batteries and flashlights are reliable and affordable and can be purchased at Dollar General or Target.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of EVEREADY®. The opinions and text are all mine.