This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NETFLIX. Please see my disclosure policy.
With a limited budget and three busy kids (with three different nap and bedtime schedules), it’s expensive and downright exhausting to go out to dinner and a movie as a family.
So family movie night at home has become our go-to for family fun around here.
It’s just such an easy way to end a long week with some relaxing quality time. But I’ve been wanting to kick our movie nights up a notch, to increase the fun factor a bit. So I searched out and found these awesome ideas for making family movie night even more fun…
8 Ways to Make Family Movie Night MORE Fun!
1. Print Admission Tickets – How about giving the kids a ticket to Family Movie Night before they head out the door to school in the morning. It’ll give them something fun to look forward to all day. You can print some adorable movie tickets at Dabbles and Babbles.
2. Let the Kids Make Dinner – Keep dinner simple with some quick kids pizza making fun.
3. Make Candy Necklaces – Let the kids keep their treats handy – around their necks! Have them string candy, pretzels, and such onto a necklace for a fun movie night treat. Find out how to make edible candy necklaces at Blondie and Brownies.
4. Pile Up On the Floor – Load the floor with sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows for some snuggling while watching. If you’re the DIY type, find out how to make giant floor pillows at Oven lovin’.
5. Make a Game of It – Play a game while you watch with this fun Movie BINGO printable from Complicated Mama.
6. Pretend You’re At the Drive-In – Use cardboard boxes to craft cars for the kids to sit in. Find out how to make your own cardboard cars at Not Just a Housewife.
7. Take It Outside – Set up a projector and invite the neighbors for an outdoor movie night! Check out all of the fun that Work in Progress Kits had at their Outdoor Family Movie Night.
8. Use NETFLIX for Kids!
NETFLIX Makes Family Movie Night EASY!
We love having NETFLIX for our family movie nights. It makes it so much easier! Why?
- No going to the rental place.
- No waiting for the mailman.
- No stressing about returns.
- No planning ahead!
- Can be streamed on lots of devices.
And as a mama, I especially love the NETFLIX for Kids feature. It allows the kids to browse and watch only kid-friendly movies. (Some of our favorites: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Road Rally, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Pocahontas, & Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Takes.) NETFLIX partnered with Common Sense Media to choose great kids’ programs and provide ratings and reviews for parents, too.
What are you watching on TV with your family?
Netflix has family favorites from Disney, Disney Jr., Hasbro, Cartoon Network and Dreamworks that are available to stream anytime, anywhere.
And streaming is easier than you think! Download the free app on your iPad, click on the Netflix app on any gaming device, go to the website on your computer – and you’re in business. Check it out here!
Find this Helpful? Share with Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NETFLIX.
Get MORE Parenting Tips + a FREE Gift!
Sign up for the newsletter to get MORE parenting tips & resources, and we'll send you a FREE gift - Printable Conversation Starters for Kids and Parents - right in your inbox TODAY!
I actually did this for my family, and used fake money to charge for popcorn, soda, and snacks.
Krissy of B-Inspired Mama says
loving it, but having a movie night themed birthday, any ideas on activities for 11 year olds.
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
What a fun theme for a Birthday party for that age! What about a movie premier type of thing with a red carpet they can arrive on? I know my almost-tween daughter and her friends would love that. Or some movie trivia with mini candy bar prizes?
Ashley @ 3littlegreenwoods.com says
Love the movie ticket idea and letting the children make dinner. This is definitely going on my Summer To Do List. Thanks for sharing!
Love it! We love netflix as well. We always do the admission tickets (using old Chuckie-Cheese tickets:) and “charge” for their stuffed animals as well!
Sam@Thrive 360 Living says
We absolutely love our streaming Netflix! So many fun ideas in this post. I think my favorites might be the candy necklaces and drive in cars.