Disclosure: This “Easy Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole Recipe” blog post contains affiliate links; as an affiliate and Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclosure policy for more information.
If you’re looking for an easy dinner idea that’s sure to be a hit with the kids, then this pizza casserole recipe with crescent rolls is just what you need!
This Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole is delicious and super simple to make, so it’s the perfect pick for busy families. All you need are refrigerated crescent rolls, your favorite pizza sauce, and pizza toppings of your choice for a tasty dinner the whole family will love.
Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole + Some Easy Casserole Tips, Too!
But first, let’s talk casseroles… There are only so many nights my kids will consent to tuna noodle casserole. So, I’ve gotten quite creative with my casserole recipes. Later I’ll share my super easy Pizza Casserole recipe with crescent rolls, but first, here are some casserole recipe tips I’ve learned over the years…
Casserole Recipe Tips & Tricks:
1. Don’t be limited by pasta and rice.
You can use bread in casseroles, both bread dough and sliced bread. Bread within the casserole dish is more of a noodle texture while bread dough on the top is almost like a pie crust: golden brown and delicious.
4. Casseroles don’t have to be cooked in a casserole dish.
Break out that crock pot and put it to work! Put everything in your slow cooker in the morning, turn it on low, and when you come home you will have a delicious smelling house and dinner ready!
5. Try to include a protein, veggie, and carbohydrate in the casserole, but don’t get too carried away.
Adding too many ingredients can get overwhelming, plus the taste gets muddled. If you want extra flavor, experiment with spices: garlic is always great, ginger adds a fresh flavor, and if you like spicy food, try red pepper or cayenne pepper.
If you’re wondering how to put some of those easy casserole tips and tricks into action, here’s an easy casserole recipe to try. We call it Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole, because it tastes just like pizza but it’s cheaper and quicker to make!
Our Easy Pizza Casserole Recipe with Crescent Rolls
The steps to make this pizza casserole recipe are SO simple.
First, you make a meat sauce by browning the meat and adding in the sauce and tomatoes.
Then, you layer your ingredients in a casserole dish: refrigerated crescent roll dough, meat sauce, shredded cheese, pepperoni (or other pizza toppings of choice), then another layer of crescent roll dough.
Bake it in the oven until the crescent dough is puffy and golden, and you’ve got a delicious Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole!
Recipe for Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole:
Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 tomato (cut into chunks, or canned diced tomatoes)
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough (or refrigerated crescent dough sheet)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Add 1 pound ground beef to frying pan and cook over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Drain fat.
- Add 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce and 1 tomato (cut into 1-inch pieces) to beef in pan and stir to combine. Let simmer over low-medium heat.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with one of the2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough, overlapping individual dough pieces slightly and pinching seams together.
- Spread meat sauce mixture evenly over dough in dish.
- Sprinkle 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the meat sauce mixture.
- Layer 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, evenly spaced, on top of shredded cheese.
- Layer remaining refrigerated crescent roll dough on top, again overlapping individual dough pieces slightly and pinching seams together.
- Spread 1 tablespoon salted butter evenly on top layer of crescent roll dough.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Recipe Supplies and More on Amazon:
Get everything you need for the recipe right on Amazon…
Ceramic Baking Dish SetMcCormick Perfect Pinch Italian SeasoningRao’s Homemade Pizza SauceRachael Ray Brights Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans SetMeat Chopper for Ground BeefLawry’s Casero Garlic PowderFiorucci Charcuterie PepperoniHOTEC Silicone Spatula Set
Find more kid-friendly cooking and baking tools in B-Inspired Mama’s Amazon Shop: Fun Finds for Kids in the Kitchen
Like this Pizza Casserole Recipe? Save It & Share It!
Don’t forget to save this blog post to come back to later. And share it with friends! Simply click on the buttons at the top or bottom of this post, or click here: Share on Facebook | Tweet It | Pin It | Email to a Friend
More Easy Recipes from B-Inspired Mama:
- An Easy Biscuits and Gravy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Kids in the Kitchen: Easy Cheesy Pizza Rolls
- Skillet Tomato Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Easy Italian Antipasto Grilled Chicken Wrap Recipe