Between endless Christmas shopping, wrapping way too many presents, baking the kids’ Christmas treats, and all the other bustle of the holiday season, we aren’t left with a whole lot of time for everything else. You know – like cooking meals so my kids don’t starve!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine. Please see my disclosure policy.
But you can take some amazing shortcuts that still deliver loads of flavor and save money – by shopping at Save-A-Lot. I used just a few easy ingredients from Save-A-Lot for this easy Biscuits and Gravy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole recipe.
It’s so easy; I can toss everything together in the crockpot and enjoy family time – or get more Christmas wrapping done – instead of babysitting a pan on the stovetop. It’s the perfect crockpot breakfast casserole for Christmas morning, too. Just put it in the crockpot as soon as you wake up. You’ll only need to attend to it once for less than a minute before it’s ready to fill up those hungry bellies. Plus, this large crockpot full of casserole was less than $10 to make, with the majority of a half-gallon of milk and cheese leftover. Score! Here’s how to make it…
Easy Biscuits and Gravy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
It’s SO easy to make!
You just brown sausage, drain well and set aside.
Combine eggs, sausage, and cheese. Season to your liking with salt and pepper, then pour into prepared crockpot.
Chop biscuits into small bite-sized pieces, and place on top of the egg mixture.
Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
To Make Gravy:
In a small saucepan, whisk butter and flour together until it just begins to turn a golden brown. Add in milk, salt, and pepper, and stir frequently over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer until thickened.
Serve gravy on top of the yummy breakfast casserole.
If you really want to cut time, dishes, and hassle, you can use ready-made sausage gravy instead.
Find this Helpful? Share with your Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
Print & Share this Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Biscuits and Gravy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 ladle
Prepare the Sausage, Egg, & Biscuits Casserole:
- Brown sausage in frying pan, drain well, and set aside.
- Coat inside of slow cooker generously with nonstick cooking spray (or wipe down with vegetable oil).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs lightly then add cooked sausage and shredded cheese; stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared slow cooker and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Using kitchen scissors (or a paring knife), cut refrigerated biscuit dough into bite-size pieces and arrange pieces evenly on top of egg mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 2 hours (or on low for 4 hours) or until egg mixture is set and biscuit pieces are cooked through.
Prepare the Gravy:
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add flour and whisk over low-medium heat until slightly golden brown.
- Slowly stir in milk, salt, and pepper, and stir frequently over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer until thickened to desired gravy consistency.
Serve the Biscuits & Gravy Breakfast Casserole:
- Use a serving spoon or spatula to scoop a generous-sized individual serving of casserole onto a plate (or into a bowl).
- Ladle gravy over the casserole on the plate and ENJOY!
More Easy Recipe Inspiration:
- Kid-Sized Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- Kids in the Kitchen: Parmesan Garlic Baked Potatoes
- Orange Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- Kid-Approved Apple Spice Cake Recipe
- Fun and Easy Nugget and Tot Kabobs for Kids
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.
Get MORE Recipes + a FREE Gift!
Sign up for the newsletter to get MORE kid-friendly recipes, and we'll send you a FREE gift - Printable Conversation Starters for Kids and Parents - right in your inbox TODAY!