A Messy Playdate with a Kids Mud Pie Recipe!
Remember when I admitted last week that I’m not much of a playdate planner? Well, Kleenex challenged me to get out of my comfort zone. I promised a messy playdate, and we’re getting ready for an awesome one. Today the kids helped me make the perfect dessert for our messy playdate… a messy mud pie!
A Fun (& Messy!) Kids Mud Pie Recipe
Mud Pie Recipe Ingredients:
- chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- instant chocolate pudding mix (we use sugar-free to counterbalance all of the other sugary ingredients)
- cold, cold milk
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- chopped walnuts
- gummy worms
(Super Simple) Mud Pie Recipe Steps:
- Make the chocolate pudding according to the package directions (using the pie directions, which calls for a bit less milk than the pudding directions).
- Throw the cookies in a plastic baggie and let the kids pound and crush them to make “dirt.”
- Spread the pudding in the pie crust and let the kids sprinkle on and mix in as many walnuts, cookie crumb “dirt,” and gummy worms as they’d like.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours to let the pudding set.
- Clean up the mess with your Kleenex Hand Towels! (*wink*)
The kids got such a kick out of making an edible mud pie! And they could pretty much make the whole thing all by themselves. Of course, not without a little mess. But we had our Kleenex Hand Towels ready to help with that. And we’ve got them in the bathroom ready for the mess ahead at our… Mud Pie Playdate! Stop back next week to see our messy fun…
What’s the messiest kids recipe you’ve made? Would you ever make a mud pie? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!