The summer’s getting on and the kids are getting squirrely.
The 167th time running through the sprinkler just doesn’t have the excitement it had that first hot day of summer sun.
The kids are absolutely certain there are no more natural treasures to be found on yet another nature walk.
And they finished every darned summer building challenge on that LEGO Bucket List a week ago.
You REALLY need some smiles up in here. And nothing brings smiles to grumpy kids like…
Milkshakes and Gummy Bears!
If your kitchen’s empty, just head out to your local Kroger for some simple ingredients: Promised Land Milk and Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream will make the simple milkshake base. And gummy bears, some sprinkles, and food coloring will add the fun to this easy milkshake recipe.
Rainbow Gummy Bear Milkshake Recipe
Ingredients & Tools:
- 1/4 cup Promised Land Milk
- 2 sweet scoops of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- a good blender
- a few drops of food coloring (or a few handfuls of frozen berries if you want to try to make colors more naturally)
- a cup for each milkshake color you’d like to make
- a fancy pantsy milkshake glass
- some whipped cream
- a handful of colorful gummy bears candies
- some colorful sprinkles (optional)
- a fun or silly straw
Super Simple Milkshake Recipe Steps:
Milkshakes are so simple for such BIG fun! Use the ingredient measurements above as a general guideline. Didn’t you know, there aren’t any rules in milkshake recipe making?
Just scoop a couple scoops of that Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into your blender. Why choose Breyers? You already know we’re super-fans of Breyers. America’s favorite Natural Vanilla is the way Vanilla should taste! Made with simple high-quality ingredients like fresh cream, sugar, milk and Rainforest Alliance Certified vanilla beans. Breyers pledges to use only sustainably farmed vanilla and fruit*. And Breyers uses only milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones*.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may be able to make the No Artificial Growth Hormones claim. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST‐treated cows.
*Most Breyers products currently source natural colors & flavors and sustainably farmed fruit and Vanilla. We are working on the remaining products. For more information on these products, visit www.breyers.com/ products.
Then add some Promised Land Milk. Why Promised Land Milk? It’s is perfect for indulgent summer milkshakes since it’s creamier and richer than other milks. What makes it creamier and richer? It comes from pampered Jersey Cows. Fun fact: Jersey Cows are not from New Jersey; they originated in the Channel Island of Jersey off the coast of France. Less than 10% of the milk in the U.S. comes from Jersey Cows. And it’s naturally higher in protein and calcium, too! Another reason to choose Promised Land Milk… They don’t add artificial hormones or antibiotics. Yay!
Whirl it all into a milkshake in the blender. Add more milk or ice cream to get the consistency you prefer.
Then separate it equally out into as many cups as you’d like colors. Add a few drops of food coloring to each cup. Stir each up to make the different colored milkshakes. And pour them in layers into a fancy pantsy milkshake glass.
Finally, watch your kiddo giggle and grin as she squirts some whipped cream on and decorates the top with colorful gummy bears and sprinkles. They kids will be begging you to make this fun milkshake recipe again and again!
“Milkshake Up” Your Summer & Win!
Hop on over to THIS FACEBOOK POST and add a comment to it sharing how you and your family will (or plan to) “shake up” your summer with milkshakes for a chance to win a $25 Kroger Gift Card! (Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older. Limit to ONE ENTRY per participant. Giveaway ends on July 20, 2016, at 11:59pm. Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. See the official rules here. Good luck!)
The Detailed Printable Rainbow Gummy Bear Milkshake Recipe:
Rainbow Gummy Bear Milkshake Recipe
- 6 cups (or one for each milkshake color)
- 2 clear milkshake glasses (or other clear cups)
- Add 2 scoops vanilla ice cream and 1/4 cup milk to blender, then blend until smooth. Add more milk or ice cream, if needed, for desired consistency.
- Divide milkshake mixture evenly between 6 cups.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to the milkshake mixture in one cup and stir until it turns red. Add more red food color and stir again, if needed, for desired color saturation. Repeat, using a different color of food coloring for each cup of milkshake mixture.
- Pour the colored milkshake mixtures into layers in a milkshake glass, in rainbow order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Add some whipped cream on top, then decorate with gummy bears and rainbow sprinkles.
- Add a silly straw and enjoy!
More Fun Food Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
Get MORE Recipes + a FREE Gift!
Sign up for the newsletter to get MORE kid-friendly recipes, and we'll send you a FREE gift - Printable Conversation Starters for Kids and Parents - right in your inbox TODAY!