This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers Ice Cream. All opinions are 100% mine.
There’s just something about ice cream. It takes you directly to happy with every sweet creamy spoonful.
For me, ice cream swirls with rich memories from my childhood.
- My grandma having maple syrup on hand to pour on top of her home-churned vanilla.
- My dad serving me a scoop at the dining table – only after I finished the dinner on my plate.
- And every. single. Birthday. Tri-colored Neopolitan alongside a thick slice of cake.
- Always eaten with the fork. No spoon required for ice cream eating according to my family.
Now I’m making sure my kids have those sweet ice cream memories, too.
And we sure made a fun one last week courtesy of B-Inspired Mama sponsor, Breyers Ice Cream. First, check out our fun in NYC at Breyers 150th Birthday Blowout Celebration, and then download and print the free ice cream coloring page our sweet memories inspired!
Our Breyers Birthday Fun in NYC
We were thrilled to be invited to Breyers 150th Birthday Blowout Celebration event in Madison Square Park last week. We’re a few hours from NYC, so we made a fun family road trip out of it. We stayed at a hotel in NJ and took a car into Manhattan for some sightseeing and the big Birthday party. (I’ll have to share more of our NYC fun – and craziness – another day!)
We arrived at Madison Square Park just in time for the fun and free Breyers Ice Cream!
Psst… Grab your FREE Happy Ice Cream Coloring Page HERE:
Lines of ice cream lovers waited patiently before making their way through the inside of the GIANT Breyers Ice Cream Carton – full of artifacts and information on Breyers rich history.
Of course, Priscilla hurried to the ice cream counter for some classic Breyers Natural Vanilla – America’s #1 Vanilla ice cream made with fresh cream, milk, and sugar.
However, Sawyer was more adventurous and chose Breyers newly unveiled variety: Breyers Ice Cream Cake featuring Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream, delicious chocolatey crunchies, sandwiched between Breyers Natural Vanilla. YUM!
Breyers had picnic tables for us to enjoy our sweet treats at. And festive balloons, too, which the kids loved.
Our busy J.C. was only still for a few minutes – while enjoying his delicious free ice cream. His excitement (and sensory overload) from being in the big city for the first time made it impossible for us to stay at the celebration long.
Unfortunately, we missed the Birthday Sing-A-Long – complete with special celebrity guests, Kelly Rowland, Allison Williams and Jaime Camil. (Yes, it was one of those cringe-worthy parenting moments to have to miss that!) Here’s a look at the sing-a-long fun from an event photographer…
Breyers sure knows how to celebrate. And Breyers sure has reason to celebrate, too! Some things to love about Breyers Ice Cream:
- Breyers started with high-quality ingredients – a promise that has been on Breyers packages for more than 100 years.
- The vanilla that goes into Breyers products is 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified and comes from sustainable vanilla farms in Madagascar.
- Breyers only uses milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones*.
- And of course (as mentioned above), in celebration of their 150th birthday, Breyers is introducing a new ice cream variety, Breyers Ice Cream Cake which features Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream and loads of chocolatey crunchies sandwiched between Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies and; sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated.
Thank you for the sweet memories in NYC & over the years, Breyers!
Our Breyers Fun Inspired a Cute Ice Cream Coloring Page
When we got back from our busy trip, I sketched up some happy ice cream cones and sundaes and turned them into a cute printable coloring page.
Grab your FREE Happy Ice Cream Coloring Page HERE:
The addition of “We Go Together Like HAPPY & ICE CREAM!” makes this ice cream coloring page perfect for kids to color for a special friend or relative. We give kids’ coloring pages instead of Birthday cards, and this ice cream coloring page is perfect for that!
More Sweet Fun for Kids:
- A Seriously Fun Rainbow Gummy Bear Milkshake Recipe
- Pumpkin Apple Crisp Waffle Recipe
- Summer Ice Cream Sundae “Sand Castle”