Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July of 2014 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Are your kids getting to the “I’m Bored!” part of Summer Vacation yet? No worries! I’ve found the best boredom-busting ideas around. Today I thought I’d round-up some fun and easy crafts for kids to keep busy through the end of Summer.
Easy Crafts for Kids to Kick Summer Boredom!
Check ’em out…
This post has affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
14 Easy Crafts for Kids to Fill the End of Summer
- Sandcastle Sand Art (via MakingMamaMagic) – Use sand to add a sensory element to the kids’ summer crafting!
- Egg Carton Binocular Craft (via
Eager Ed) – How clever to upcycle egg cartons into pretend binoculars. Imagine the explorations this easy craft will inspire!
- Jellyfish Craft (via The Kennedy Adventures) – A cute little craft to go along with a fun summer book: Commotion in the Ocean!
- Eyelash Craft (via
Eager Ed) – Although the original post for this is no longer available, you can see in the photo above how they added fake eyelashes to colorful eye drawings. So cool, right?!
- Hot Air Balloon Craft (via From ABCs to ACTs) – Paper plate crafts never get old! Check out how this mama uses a couple paper plates to make a 3-dimensional hot air balloon craft.
- Fingerprint Crabs Craft (via Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails) – Some perfectly-summer-themed fingerprint art. Love it!
- Wine Cork Sculpture (via Mosswood Connections) – Time to collect those wine corks… We shouldn’t have a problem doing that now, should we?! 😉
- Grouchy Ladybug Handprint Craft (via A Little Pinch of Perfect) – An adorable handprint craft to go along with the fun summer book: The Grouchy Ladybug.
- Chromatography Flower Craft (via Roylco) – This easy craft for kids combines art and science to make colorful flowers!
- Farm Animal Foam Cup Crafts (via Kids Activities Blog) – Grab some foam or paper cups from the cupboard to make this cute farm animal craft. Then see what fun farm stories the kids make up while playing with them.
- Yarn Craft (via
Eager Ed) – Here’s another one from the former Eager Ed blog. They used yarn to “paint” by simply gluing it down on paper.
- Painted Clay Flower Pots (via Mom Always Finds Out) – Do this easy flower pot craft with the kids to add some color and creativity to your porch.
- Foam Aircraft Carrier Craft (via Life with Moore Babies) – Whoa! Imagine the fun play this homemade aircraft carrier will inspire.
- Alphabet Letter Crafts – Have a preschooler? Use this summer to practice the alphabet with these fun letter of the week crafts.
Did ya check ‘em out? Which crafts would your kids like best?
Like this Post Full of Easy Crafts for Kids? Pin It and Share It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More Easy Kids Crafts:
- Funky Upcycled Flower Vase Plastic Bottle Craft for Kids
- Summer Sunflower Kids Craft Inspired by Art History
- Super Cool Shark Mask Craft for Kids