This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
A Book Inspired Sunflower Kids Craft!
Last week we shared the awesome kids art gallery frame craft that Ariadne of Positive Parenting Connection sent us to go with the book, Katie and the Sunflowers. Well that wasn’t the only fun activity she sent for our Summer Love Book Exchange. She also sent along everything we needed for a colorful Summer sunflower kids craft, too! Check it out…
Summer Sunflower Kids Craft
- yellow construction paper cut into petals
- green construction paper cut into leaves and stems
- colorful construction paper for the background
- 1″ squares of black and brown tissue paper
- school glue
- Read Katie and the Sunflowers and point out the beautiful Sunflowers painting by Van Gogh.
- Glue the stems onto the background paper.
- Use the glue to add the leaves to the stems.
- Scrunch and roll up the black and brown tissue paper squares and glue onto the background at the top of the stems.
- Use glue to add the yellow petals around the black and brown flower center.
- Let dry and hang to enjoy!
The kids loved making sunflower art like Van Gogh’s in the book. And they loved how all of the pre-cut parts made it easy for them to make a life-like sunflower. Thanks again for your great ideas, Ariadne!
Sunflower Kids Craft Supplies & Learning Resources on Amazon
More Flower Kids Crafts & Activities to Try
Have you ever done a sunflower kids craft? If, so share the link in the comments below so we can see!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways,Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase,The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.