This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Trident and The Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
How’s the Health of Your Kids Teeth?
Honestly, our kids’ teeth care is a major weakness of ours right now.
I’m ashamed to admit, my kids’ teeth rarely get brushed twice a day these days. We’ve got the bedtime tooth brushing routine down, but our morning tooth brushing often gets missed. And forget about flossing!
So when Trident and The Partnership for Healthy Mouths invited me to share some of their kids oral health tips for National Children’s Dental Health Month, I kinda felt obligated, ya know? (Sharing this awesome information with other moms does wipe away our dental health sins, right?)
And it even inspired me to get our oral health butts into gear, too. Check it out…
Straightforward Kids Teeth Hygiene Tips
- Get ‘Em to the Dentist by Age 1 – Yep, that’s numero uno, Mamas…
- Brush for 2 Minutes – To make it fun, we’ve used fun timers and musical and flashing toothbrushes!
- Brush 2+ Times per Day – Ahem… see above. But we’re working on this one by using a cool free printable Kids Teeth Brushing Chart.
- If Their Teeth Touch, They Can Floss – We’re trying this out with some fun animal shaped flossers for kids.
- Let ‘Em Have Some Sugar-Free Gum – Who knew that chewing sugar-free gum, like Trident, could improve kids teeth. It stimulates saliva, reducing plaque acids and therefore cavities, and removes debris. Sounds like an easy way to improve kids teeth to me!
More About Trident & The Smiles Across America Program
Trident, the maker of the first national sugar-free gum in the U.S., is celebrating a 10-year partnership this year with Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America program (SAA). Together they provide oral disease prevention services for at-risk and underserved children.
You can learn more about oral health tips and Smiles Across America, visit: http://oralhealthamerica.org/programs/smiles-across-america/.
And for an easy way to brighten your kids’ teeth and smile, try these fun Trident flavors: Original, Spearmint, Tropical Twist and Bubble Gum. For more on Trident, visit facebook.com/tridentgum.
How is your kids’ teeth hygiene? Any tips to share to help some other mamas? Share in the comments below!
More Helpful Parenting Tips:
- Make Brushing Teeth More Fun
- The Best Kids Bike and Kids Bike Helmet Sizes – Made Easy!
- 10 Tips for Teaching Kids About Good Touch Bad Touch
Great tips for better oral health.
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!
Sharon F says
I really like how easy that contest was to enter. Thanks! I haven’t got any tips. I have enought trouble getting my kids to brush properly. I like the brushing chart and might give that a try.
Thank you so much for the opportunity!