Are you ready for fall and Thanksgiving? Have you started any fall and Thanksgiving crafts with the kids yet?
If not, no worries! I’ve gathered up some fun but easy fall and Thanksgiving craft ideas to help you get in the Autumn spirit while spending some quality time crafting with the kids, too. Plus, these fall crafts are age-appropriate for kids from two to ninety-two!
Before beginning to work on your fall and Thanksgiving crafts, gather some of these basic supplies:
Then, take a closer look at an exact list of supplies needed for each project.
13 Easy Fall and Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
Now, let’s pick which of these cute fall and Thanksgiving crafts you will make first!
- Leaf lanterns are easy to make decorations for fall and it makes them the perfect craft for family time with younger kids like toddlers and preschoolers. The best part is that the leaves don’t have to be pressed for this craft so head out for a short nature walk to gather lovely colored leaves before crafting!
- To make a bit more permanent decoration for fall and Thanksgiving, replace real leaves with paper leaves. This folded paper leaf is simple to make and would look great as a stand-alone decoration, or you can make many in different colors, thread them, and create a garland to hang your home.
- We love this clay leaf bowl! Such a lovely decorative piece. If you have a family member with a birthday during the fall season, this fall craft would make a wonderful and thoughtful handmade gift.
- Help your child learn about gratitude by making this adorable thankful turkey book craft. She will love filling it up with drawings, words, or photos representing who and what she is thankful for.
- If you are planning to have a family gathering on Thanksgiving, sit down the day before and make some of these cute little turkey place cards. So easy to make and adds a cute handmade touch to your Thanksgiving table.
- You probably have loads planned for Thanksgiving day. Time is always short and the kids tend to get in a way, right? Try inviting the kids to make their own paper turkey finger puppets and while they have fun crafting and playing, you can dedicate your attention to cooking and baking!
- Here is an idea for a sweet Autumn decoration: a twirling fall tree! It’s easy to make using a simple paper plate and perfect as an at-home craft or classroom craft project. Looks very decorative and it’s fun seeing it spin!
- Don’t you love crafting with paper? Kids get great fine motor skill practice while cutting and gluing, plus paper crafts are quick and cheap. Great examples are these cute 3D paper turkeys. Use them as a table decoration for Thanksgiving or hang them around the house.
- Need a door or a mantel decoration for Thanksgiving? This paper plate turkey wreath looks adorable and is so easy to make! The best part? Kids get to help with the Thanksgiving decorations. They will jump to an opportunity to help out and see their completed turkey craft hanging proudly on the door.
- Add some color and pizazz to the Thanksgiving dinner table with some of these easy DIY table setting crafts. Your child will be so proud that her crafts are the highlight of Thanksgiving dinner!
- Get little ones involved in the Thanksgiving table decorations, too, with this easy pumpkin-painted Thanksgiving table runner craft. Do it outside on a sunny Autumn day so they can have fun getting messy while painting with pumpkins!.
- Bring a bit of colorful fall inside by crafting and hanging some paper bag fall luminaries in your window! It will surely change up the mood on often gloomy and rainy Autumn days.
- Crafts can look messy AND cute! Just look at these lovely paper strip turkeys. Toddlers will adore them, but older kids will love making them, too. After all, what’s cute is cute no matter your age!
Did you like the selection of an easy fall and Thanksgiving crafts? I hope you found some ideas to decorate your home and spend time crafting and making memories with your kids. For even MORE crafting inspiration and tons more cute and easy paper projects for kids, grab a copy of the new book Easy Paper Projects by my friend Maggy from Red Ted Art.
It will bring you many more happy moments crafting with the kids – and using only the very basic crafting supplies!
Click HERE to grab your copy of Easy Paper Projects TODAY!
Like these Fall Crafts for Kids? Share with Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
Leave a Reply