This Thankful Turkey Book Thanksgiving Craft post was contributed by Jamie of Hand Made Kids Art.
The Thanksgiving holiday is the perfect time to teach kids about gratitude, and what better way to do it than with some cute Thanksgiving crafts for kids? This adorable Thankful Turkey Book Kids Craft is the perfect opportunity for your child to explore what they’re thankful for.
Teach Gratitude with a Thankful Turkey Book Kids Craft!
Plus, it will be a sweet keepsake for you! You may be surprised by your child’s answers in the book of what she’s thankful for. My three-year-old was thankful for orange juice and apples but my 5-year-old added family and friends. It is fun to see how their values change as they get older.
Let me show you how to make one with your kids…
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
One of Our Favorite Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids: A Thankful Turkey Book
Did you know you can make a BOOK from brown paper lunch bags? It’s such a clever way to make a quick homemade book. You could use the technique to make a memory book for each holiday!
All you need is…
- 3 brown paper lunch bags
- hole punch
- craft stick
- brown, red, and yellow construction paper
- brown card stock
- googly eyes
- recycled cardstock packaging (such as from cereal boxes)
With just a little folding, hole-punching, cutting, and gluing (which I highly recommend you get your kids involved in), you’ve got an adorable handmade Turkey Book for your little ones to record all that they are thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a fun time to create and craft together as a family. A Thankful Turkey Book makes a sweet family keepsake to look back on each year.
Add photographs of your Thanksgiving day meal or photos of your family Thanksgiving traditions to record your favorite memories. Or just have your child use crayons, markers, and stickers to illustrate what they are most thankful for.
Print & Share this Thankful Turkey Book Craft:
Thankful Turkey Book Thanksgiving Kids Craft
- hole punch
To Make the Book
- With the lunch bags stacked on top of one another, fold them in half to form a "book". Punch two holes along the folded edge of the bags.
- From the back, insert each end of one rubber band through each hole. Insert the craft stick through the rubber band loops to secure it to the folded edge of the book.
- Create the turkey face on the front of the book by cutting out and gluing on a yellow triangle for a beak and a red teardrop shape for the wattle. Add googly eyes.
- Add the tail feathers by cutting feather shapes from recycled cardstock (such as cereal boxes) and gluing them onto the top edge of the back of the book.
- Cut a piece of brown cardstock paper a little bit larger than the size of the book and glue it onto the back of the book, over the tail feathers, to add support to the book.
- Use photos, Thanksgiving stickers, collage, coloring, drawing, and/or writing to document what you are thankful for on the pages of your Thankful Turkey Book!
Make sure to click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More Thanksgiving Crafts & Ideas for Kids:
- 18 Awesome Turkey Crafts for Kids
- Thanksgiving Traditions [From the Mouths of Moms]
- 35 Fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kids