Some Kids Activities Perfect for Fall!
The air’s getting cooler and the leaves are changing here in the Northeast. The cooler air and colors of Autumn always make me want to spend time outside. And it’s the perfect time to explore nature with the kids, too. Inspired by B-Inspired Mama sponsor ARM & HAMMER™ Clean Scentsations™ – with fresh scents inspired by nature and the National Parks, I’ve gathered up some fun Fall kids activities for exploring nature. Let’s check ’em out…
10+ Fall Kids Activities for Exploring Nature
- Go on a Nature Hike & Collect Leaves – Go on a nature hike to admire the beautiful Fall leaves. Make sure to collect some for the following crafts and activities…
- Do a Classic Leaf Rubbing – No kid should grow up without having done leaf rubbing at some point in their childhood! Here’s some inspiration for your leaf rubbing fun.
- Press Leaves – Save some of your favorite leaves by pressing them or laminating them.
- Make Leaf Peg Dolls – Make some of these Autumn leaf peg dolls for some imaginative play.
- Do a Sensory Activity with Leaves – Crispy and crunchy Fall leaves are perfect for sensory exploration. Find some sensory activities using leaves at Lemon Lime Adventures. And check out these Fall sensory bin ideas at The Jenny Evolution.
- Use Leaves for Learning Activities – Use your leaves for manipulatives in learning activities; like this idea for learning phonics with Fall leaves or this one for leaf color sorting.
- Go on a Fall Scavenger Hunt – Print this Fall Scavenger Hunt Printable to take with your on your nature hike and see if you can find all of the Fall items.
- Gather Other Natural Items for a Science Activity – Set up a simple sink or float science activity using other natural materials, like pine cones, stones, and little pumpkins.
- Set Up an Autumn Nature Table – Display all of your findings from your nature hike on an Autumn nature table to further explore and play with them.
- Write About Autumn after Your Nature Hike – Use one of these free printable writing prompts to get the kids writing about what they saw, felt, and heard during their nature hike.
More Fun Ideas from ARM & HAMMER™ & Scholastic.com:
ARM & HAMMER™ is partnering with Scholastic Parent & Child to inspire families with fun ideas for their most memorable adventure yet. You can find 25 outdoor adventures, nature crafts and more at Scholastic.com.
About ARM & HAMMER™ Clean Scentsations™:
Discover scents as beautiful as the National Parks that inspired them with ARM & HAMMER™ Clean Scentsations™! You get the timeless, practical laundry solution of ARM & HAMMER™ that powers through dirt and grime with the revitalizing scents of Sun-Kissed Flowers, Twilight Sky and Purifying Waters. It helps get the mess of nature off after our outdoor adventures but leaves your laundry with the awesome scent of nature you love!
So what outdoor adventures would you love to go on with your family? Any Fall kids activities you would add to the list above? Share in the comments below!
More Fall Kids Activities from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine.