Fun Fall Activities: From Apples to Nature!
It’s still Summer-warm where I’m at, but Pinterest is hopping with fall activities for kids! I figured I’d update this Fall Activities for Kids Round-Up from last year so you and your littles can be ready when fall begins falling on you!
WAY More Than 26 Fun Fall Activities for Kids!
Fun Fall Apple Activities for Kids:
With apple-picking upon us, apples are a fun theme to incorporate into early learning and play. Here are some apple themed activities that your kids will love…
- Preschool Apple Tasting, Painting, and Baking Fun – Go apple picking or just buy an assortment from the grocery store to do some apple taste testing, painting, and baking.
- Montessori-Inspired Apple Activities – If you like Montessori style learning, check out this amazing resource for tons of Montessori-inspired apple activities.
- A Round-up of Apple Themed Learning Ideas – Use apples for learning with one of these fun apple themed learning ideas.
- Printable Apple Number Card Activities – Print out these free apple number cards to try some apple-themed early math activities.
- Apple Printing Crafts – Printing with apples is always fun; here are some cute crafts that incorporate simple apple printing.
- Apple Scented Frozen Glitter Painting – Who doesn’t love the scent of apples in the Fall? Make some apple scented frozen glitter paint to create and play with!
- “Letter A is for Apple” Craft and Game – Incorporate apples into your letter A learning. Try this fun apple craft and game.
- Apple Tissue Paper Craft – Use tissue paper for a tactile apple craft that’s cute, too!
- Toddler Tearing Apple Craft – Does your little one need to work on her fine motor skills? Let her tear up paper for this simple apple craft.
- 25 Apple Themed Fine Motor Activities – Here are 25 more awesome apple-themed fine motor ideas, too!
- Bobbing for Apples Fine Motor Activity – This is a fun – and less messy – alternative to traditional “bobbing for apples”.
- Five Little Apples Rhymes & Craft – This apple craft has a cute rhyme to go along that’s perfect for preschoolers.
- Pom Pom Apple Math Activities – I love this simple math activity using pom poms for “apples”.
Fun Nature-Inspired Fall Activities for Kids:
- Fall Nature Tray Exploration – This “activity” proves that activities don’t always need to be complex. Just create an invitation to explore nature with a Fall Nature Tray.
- Pine Cone & Spaghetti Sensory Bin – Sensory bins are always a hit in our home. And Fall textures are perfect for them. Make a sensory bin with spaghetti and pine cones for some fun Fall texture exploration.
- Fall Leaf Cut, Punch, Paste Craft – Gather up some craft punches for these cute Fall leaf punch and paste crafts.
- Printable Leaf Identification Card Activities – Print these free leaf identification cards to take with you on your nature walk!
- Fall Leaf Paint Splatter Art – Add Fall colors to paper leaves with some splatter painting fun.
- Autumn Nature Wand Craft – Use natural materials to make a fun nature wand to play with in the cool Autumn air!
- Fall Leaf Owl Craft – Owls might just be the cutest Fall themed animals; Use real leaves to make this cute owl craft.
- Fall Colors Blotto Painting – Remember blotto painting when you were a kid? You know, squishing paint between folded paper? Try it with some autumn colors to make Fall themed art!
- Fall Leaf Resist Painting – Resist painting is always fun. Gather some Fall leaves to use for this simple resist painting activity.
- Sunflower Sensory Bin – Sunflowers are so pretty in the Fall. Make a sunflower themed sensory bin for your little to explore.
- Outdoor Corn Maze Math Activity – Set up a pretend “corn maze” in the backyard for this fun – and active – Autumn themed math activity.
- 15 Fall Textured Art Projects – Explore texture with one of these awesome Fall themed art activities!
What Fall activities for kids would you add to the list? Do you ever incorporate Fall themes into your kids’ craft or learning activities? Share about it in the comments below!
I am an ex preschool teacher, teachers aide, and am a Mother and Grandmother. I have spent a lot of time on your engaging site, and would like to thank you for your valuable insight, and your inspiration ~ and for sharing it!
I appreciate the info!
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
You just made my day, Debbora! Thank you so much. <3
Thank you for sharing our apple craft for fine motor skills! This is a great list!!
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
You’re so very welcome!
Theres Just One Mommy says
Thanks for including our apple math activities! We’ve been having lots of fun with our apple unit — can’t wait to check out a few more great apple ideas here!
Selena @ Look! We're Learning! says
Thanks for featuring our Leaf Identification flashcards!