How’s the Health of Your Kids Teeth?
Honestly, this is a weakness of ours right now. My kids teeth rarely get brushed twice a day these days. We’ve got the bedtime tooth brushing routine down, but our morning tooth brushing often gets missed. And forget about flossing! So when Trident and The Partnership for Healthy Mouths invited me to share some of their kids oral health tips for National Children’s Dental Health Month, I kinda felt obligated, ya know? (Sharing this awesome information with other moms does wipe away our dental health sins, right?) And it even inspired me to get our oral health butts into gear, too. Check it out…
Straightforward Kids Teeth Hygiene Tips
- Get ‘Em to the Dentist by Age 1 – Yep, that’s numero uno, Mamas…
- Brush for 2 Minutes – To make it fun, we’ve used fun timers and musical and flashing toothbrushes!
- Brush 2+ Times per Day – Ahem… see above. But we’re working on this one by using a cool free printable Kids Teeth Brushing Chart.
- If Their Teeth Touch, They Can Floss – We’re trying this out with some fun animal shaped flossers for kids.
- Let ‘Em Have Some Sugar-Free Gum – Who knew that chewing sugar-free gum, like Trident, could improve kids teeth. It stimulates saliva, reducing plaque acids and therefore cavities, and removes debris. Sounds like an easy way to improve kids teeth to me!
More About Trident & The Smiles Across America Program
Trident, the the maker of the first national sugar-free gum in the U.S., is celebrating a 10 year partnership this year with Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America program (SAA). Together they provides oral disease prevention services for at-risk and underserved children. You can learn more about oral health tips and Smiles Across America, visit: http://oralhealthamerica.org/programs/smiles-across-america/. And for an easy way to brighten your kids teeth and smile, try these fun Trident flavors: Original, Spearmint, Tropical Twist and Bubble Gum. For more on Trident, visit: www.facebook.com/tridentgum.
Wanna Try Some Trident?
Do you think your kids would like some Trident? Enter the rafflecopter below to be enter to win 12 Packages of Trident Gum!
How is your kids teeth hygiene? Any tips to share to help some other mamas? Share in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to share at and find inspiration from these link ups!