This post has affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
An Earth Day Dirt Cup Treat
Whether you make these for an Earth Day party or just for fun, dirt cups are always a hit with kiddos! Plus this dirt cup treat is so easy to make that even older kids could assemble the cups themselves after an adult helps with the grinding and mixing.
Dirt Cup Treats Recipe
- 1 box chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 box chocolate pudding mix
- milk called for on pudding mix
- 1 tub whipped topping
- gummy worms
1. Place sandwich cookies in food processor and pulse until finely ground to resemble dirt.
2. Prepare pudding as called for on box. If using a pudding mix that requires cooking, allow to cool completely. Once pudding is cool (or immediately after mixing if using an instant mix), stir in the tub of whipped topping.
3. Assemble each dirt cup treat by layering ingredients in clear cups in this order:
- Ground cookie crumbs
- Pudding mix
- Gummy worm (be sure to leave his head poking up!)
- Ground cookie crumbs
- Gummy worm
4. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
Carissa of Creative Green Living started her journey to a greener lifestyle with the birth of her baby boy in 2010. She blogs at Creative Green Living about crafts, recipes, gardening, parenting and green lifestyle. She loves teaching others about how to make creative and green choices for families on a budget.
I’ve seen dirt cup treats before, but have actually never made them with my kids. This was such a great reminder from Carissa to try it this year for Earth Day. My kids will get such a kick out of the worm!Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.