This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
I’m not sure any summer dessert will ever beat strawberry shortcake at my Grandmother’s house topped with her freshly-made whipped cream using her homemade whipped cream recipe. She’d add some heavy cream to her chilled mixer bowl, then let me add the sugar and vanilla before starting it whirring. I’d practically have my nose at the edge of the bowl, watching as it magically transformed into those billowy white clouds of sweet goodness!
Now, my kids are usually lucky to get a shot of a little canned whipped cream right in their mouths before we top their strawberry shortcake. But last week I got nostalgic and wanted them to taste that fresh-made whipped cream goodness, too. While I shared memories of Grandma.
So I came up with a fun way for them to make their very own homemade whipped cream…
Kid-Made Shaker Jar Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
This homemade whipped cream recipe is hardly a recipe. Just a few ingredients in a jar shaken up ’til it forms that sweet, whipped cream!
Just help the kids add the whipped cream ingredients to their jar, make sure the lid is on tight, and let them start shaking, shaking, shaking!
They’ll get some good exercise and hopefully some of their energy out. And they’ll love watching the ingredients inside turn to soft peaks of delicious homemade whipped cream! (Don’t shake too long, or you’ll get sweet butter!)
And of course, they’ll love adding their yummy whipped cream as a topping on their shortcake or other summer treats.
Print this Shaker Jar Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe:
Shaker Jar Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- Chill mason jar in the freezer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the mason jar and secure the lid tightly.
- Shake the jar vigorously for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cream inside turns to soft peaks of whipped cream. (Check whipped cream often, because if you shake it too long, it will turn into butter!)
Like this Shaker Jar Whipped Cream Recipe? Share It & Pin It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More Easy Kids Recipe Ideas:
- Strawberry Yogurt Muffin Kids Smoothie
- Mango Razzy Berry Fruit Smoothie
- A Seriously Fun Rainbow Gummy Bears Milkshake Recipe