I’m a HUGE fan of family traditions. I truly think traditions help families connect and ensure kids have positive memories from their childhood.
I often integrate fun traditions into the different holidays throughout the year. But after seeing my kids revel at the first snowfall of the season, I decided to come up with a “Winter’s First Snow Family Tradition,” too.
Snowman Soup – to Celebrate the First Snowfall!
Here’s a super easy – and YUMMY – tradition for Winter…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vaseline. It also has affiliate links. However, all opinions are 100% mine. Please see my disclosure policy.
Snowman Soup – A Family Tradition for the First Snowfall
So I decided to use my new GODIVA Hot Cocoa to make Snowman Soup with the kids. Here’s what we used…
How to Make Snowman Soup:
You just make some rich hot cocoa – preferably with delicious GODIVA Hot Cocoa. Then add these toppings to make it look like a cute (and yummy!) melting snowman…
- marshmallow creme spread
- mini marshmallows
- candy eyeballs
- mustache icing decorations
- REESE’S Pieces candies
- rolled wafer cookie straws
- snowflake sprinkles
A special thanks to Vaseline for inspiring our new, delicious Winter family tradition. While the kids were warming their hands and bellies with their Snowman Soup, I was pampering my cold, dry hands with some Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair Lotion.
Print this Snowman Soup Recipe:
Snowman Soup Recipe
Hot Cocoa Ingredients:
- 1 serving GODIVA Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix (prepared according to package directions)
- Prepare hot cocoa according to package directions.
- Add a dollop of marshmallow creme, mini marshmallows, and snowflake sprinkles to the top of cocoa.
- Position two eyes, an orange candy nose, and a mustache on top.
- Enjoy your Snowman Soup!
Like this Snowman Soup Recipe? Share It & Pin It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More Winter Family Traditions:
- 10 Meaningful Holiday Family Traditions that Give Back
- 9 Acts of Kindness Kids Can Do for Community Caregivers
- Meaningful Winter Family Traditions [From the Mouths of Moms]