This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Create the Good for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
With holidays like Veterans Day and Thanksgiving, November is the perfect month to do a service project or some random acts of kindness with the kids.
And Create the Good is thinking the same thing – with the launch of their 25 Days 25 Ways to Care Contest. They realize that caretakers are often the people who do the most yet receive the least recognition. And they want to change that. (Scroll on down for more details on how to nominate a caretaker for the contest!)
My first thought – when I heard “caretaker” – was of my mother selflessly caring for my Grandmother who ultimately passed after years of struggling with Dementia and Alzheimers. And those family caretakers are so important and deserve recognition and all the kindness you can give them. But Create the Good has inspired me to redefine caretaker” as ALL those who offer care. Not just in our homes. But in our communities, too. Firefighters. Police Officers. Nursing Home Aids. Sunday School Volunteers. Preschool Teachers.
So along those lines, I thought I’d gather up some acts of kindness you and the kids can do for your favorite caretakers…
9 Acts of Kindness for Community Caregivers
1. Give a “Thanks for Being so Sweet” Cookie Gift – This “Thanks for Being so Sweet” cookie idea is the perfect act of kindness for a teacher or church volunteer. (via Coffee Cups and Crayons)
2. Bake Cookies for Firefighters – Here’s another “sweet” idea. Make a dozen or so cookies to deliver to your local fire department. (via True Aim)
3. Make Crafty Kindness Stones – Have the kids make kindness stones to hand out to community caretakers while you’re out and about. (via Coffee Cups and Crayons)
4. Make some “You Are Amazing” Key Chains – Make some of these cute “You Are Amazing” Keychains to give to your favorite caretakers. (via Tried and True)
5. Give a Box of Treats to a Service Member – Have the kids help fill a container with treats and a special tag of appreciation for a service member. (via Joy’s Hope)
6. Give a “You Deserve a Break” Card & Treat – Make a “You Deserve a Break” card for a hard-working person caring for your community. (via Katherine Marie)
7. Thank a Veteran with a Treat & Thank You Tags – Print these tags to add to treats to hand out to Veterans on Veterans Day – or any day! (via Life in Cadence)
8. Send a Box of Sunshine – Make and send a box of yellow-hued sunshine for the perfect act of kindness for your favorite nurse or caregiver. (via Happy Money Saver)
9. Nominate Them in the 25 Days 25 Ways to Care Contest!
Create the Good is inviting you to nominate someone who is providing “exceptional acts of care.”
Submit your video nomination via the 25 Days 25 Ways to Care site, then share your submission on Facebook and Twitter to earn even more entries for your nominee. They could win one of the daily random drawings for one gift card per day over the 25 days. Or they could be the winning video selected by a panel of judges from Create the Good to win a $2,500 Grand Prize for the charity of their choice! Make sure to check out these Contest Rules before entering.
Find this Helpful? Share with your Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More from B-Inspired Mama:
- The Definition of Motherhood
- Reconnecting with the Courage of Parenting
- Parenting Survival Mode – 11 Tips from Moms Who’ve Been There