Do You Have Any Family Traditions During Winter?
Winter is such a fun time of year to make some special family traditions. What are your kids favorite winter activities? Add a little special detail, do it every year and you’ve got yourself a fun new Winter tradition. Here are some Winter tradition ideas from some of my favorite mama bloggers…
Alright Mamas, What Are Your Favorite Family Traditions for Winter?
1. Make Snow Ice Cream on A Snow Day – “We love a good ‘snow day’… and making ‘snow ice cream’ is always a highlight for my boys.” Gina of East Coast Mommy
2. Make Snowman Soup – “This year, we celebrated the first snow of the season by making some yummy Snowman Soup (hot cocoa!).” Krissy of B-Inspired Mama
3. Have a Snuggly Movie Night – “Our favorite Winter tradition is snuggling under lots of blankets, eating homemade chowder and freshly baked cookies, and having a movie marathon. We love being cozy together in the Winter!” Blayne of House of Burke
4. Plant an Indoor Bulb – “In my 20s, my granny would send me an amaryllis bulb to grow for the holiday season. I absolutely loved watching it grow every day and the scent — it filled my entire apartment. My granny has passed but I have two potted amaryllis bulbs sitting in our kitchen (one for each boy). It makes me feel connected to my granny and gives my boys the joy of watching it grow and knowing they are part of something bigger.” Jenny of The Jenny Evolution
5. Do Winter Crafts – “We are a family that loves to both create and explore. With the chilly winter weather, we find ourselves exploring a bit less and creating much more. We love to do crafting and art in the winter! And crafts about winter? Even better!” Sarah of How Wee Learn
6. Read Books by the Fire – “Cuddling up with books & cocoa near the fire (blankets are mandatory!) [is a favorite Winter tradition.] We read some of our favorite winter stories and then bundle up to head outside for some fun.” Jacquie of Edventures with Kids
7. Camp INDOORS! – “Growing up we would always ‘camp out’ in our living room on the coldest night of the year (or at least what we thought would be the coldest). We would roast hotdogs and make s’mores in the fireplace, use candles and lanterns instead of lights and sleep in our sleeping bags on the floor!” Heather of It’s a Long Story
8. Have a Family Sledding Day – “Each year we make sure to go sled riding at Mi-Mi and Pop-Pop’s house. They have the best hills. And Pop Pop is the best sledding partner!” Krissy of B-Inspired Mama
More Family Traditions from B-Inspired Mama:
What are your favorite Winter Family Traditions? Share in the conversation below!
Leave a Reply