Giving kids sensory toys and games for holiday gifts is a win-win for everyone. They’re fun, so your child will love them regardless. But sensory gifts also provide your child with sensory input or social-emotional learning which will benefit them in ways they rarely even realize, too.
And that’s where the win for you comes in! When you start to notice that the sensory input and learning from these sensory toys and games are starting to work. When your child is having fewer meltdowns or is paying better attention at school or is not climbing your curtains anymore!
Let’s check ’em out…
Some of the products featured were provided by the brand free of charge. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Also, this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your continued support. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
Psst… Don’t forget you can Try Amazon Prime’s 30-Day Free Trial for fast 2-day shipping to get gifts to you or their recipient by Christmas!
Super-Fun Sensory Toys and Games for Kids
Fun Sensory Games:
Card games and board games can be a great way for kids to practice social skills and gain sensory input and regulation, too. Many games challenge the visual sensory system, tactile sensory system, and even the auditory sensory system when playing with others. Here are some of my favorite games that offer sensory benefits for kids…
Race to the RoofMake ‘N’ BreakMake ‘N’ Break JuniorEducational Insights BrainboltI SPY Dig InDoor PongEducational Insights SculptapaloozaHABA ConexSniffer Academy, The Dog Detective GameEdushape Magic SymmetryKidzlane Light Up Dance MatUniversity Games Rubik’s Race
Give the Gift of Sensory Toys and Games – in the Mail!
A Sensory TheraPLAY Box Subscription
Give your child a gift that keeps giving after the holidays with this sensory-themed subscription box. Each month, your child will receive a box in the mail full of sensory toys and tools carefully curated by an Occupational Therapist. So fun! And, a no-brainer for busy moms or grandparents. Check out the Sensory TheraPLAY Box HERE!
Fidgets and Tactile Sensory Toys for Kids
Have a child who’s always fidgeting and touching things? Tactile sensory input and heavy work for hand muscles often calm kids who are “sensory seekers,” or always seeking input to their proprioceptive and tactile sensory systems. Try one of these fidget toys or tactile sensory toys for a gift they will love that will help them, too…
TwiddleNathan Weighted Sensory Fidget ToyTwiddlePup Weighted Sensory Fidget ToyPlay22 DIY Slime Kit for KidsMega TwiddleZimpli Kids Gelli BaffZimpli Kids Bath Slime BaffZimpli Kids Gelli SnowBrain Up Busy BoardPrextex Bubble Blowing TrainOogi Dolls Family PackEdushape See-Me Sensory BallsHorizon Group Holographic Ooz-o’s Oozing Slimy SpheresLittle Live Scruff-A-LuvsEducational Insights Playfoam PalsTexture ShapesWeYingLe Squishy Jumbo Slow Rising Panda
Sensory Toys for Proprioception and Vestibular Sensory Input
The next sensory toys and tools are fun for kids while also providing beneficial sensory-regulating input to the vestibular and/or proprioceptive sensory systems. Depending on the child and their specific sensory needs, incorporating play with toys and tools like these throughout the day, or in a structured sensory diet, can help improve the child’s sensory processing struggles.
Fat Brain Toys Teeter PopperToysmith Monster Feet Walking ToyPrextex 3 in 1 Carnival Combo SetHorse HopperPlay22 Kids Cleaning SetPlay22 Foam Pogo JumperSensory Mini MatsJump2It Kids Portable 2 Person Mini TrampolineSpecial Supplies Sensory SockDreamGYMSimply Sweet Fabric Play ScarvesIndoor Therapy Swing for Kids
And, SO Many Sensory-Friendly Books!
Eye Q Picture PuzzlerThe Kids’ Guide to Staying Awesome and In Control: Simple Stuff to Help Children Regulate their Emotions and SensesPlayful Learning Lab for Kids: Whole-Body Sensory Adventures to Enhance Focus, Engagement, and CuriositySelf-Regulation and Mindfulness: Over 82 Exercises & Worksheets for Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, & Autism Spectrum DisorderMaze Book: Follow Me (Finger Mazes)Turn the Key: On the Farm (PBS Kids)Awesome LEGO Creations with Bricks You Already Have: 50 New Robots, Dragons, Race Cars, Planes, Wild Animals and Other Exciting Projects to Build Imaginative WorldsBrick by Brick Space: 20+ LEGO Brick Projects That Are Out of This WorldJust Breathe: Meditation, Mindfulness, Movement, and MoreYoga FrogYoga for Kids and Their Grown-Ups: 100+ Fun Yoga and Mindfulness Activities to Practice TogetherThe Grateful Giraffe: A Kids Yoga Feelings BookYoga Poses for Kids Cards (Deck One)Katie’s Karate Class: A Yoga Story about Embracing FearTotally Chill: My Complete Guide to Staying Cool A Stress Management Workbook for Kids With Social, Emotional, or Sensory SensitivitiesMy Great Big Feelings: A Story for Sensitive ChildrenAnimals (Lens Books)This is Gabriel: Making Sense of School – 2nd Edition: A Book about Sensory Processing DisorderArnie and His School Tools: Simple Sensory Solutions That Build SuccessWhy Does Izzy Cover Her Ears? Dealing with Sensory Overload
Find this Sensory Toys & Games Guide Helpful? Share It & Pin It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of this post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
Looking for More Helpful Kids’ Gift Ideas?
This Sensory Toys and Games Gift Guide is just one of many amazing kids’ gift guides in this year’s Kid Blogger Network Holiday Gift Guide Collection! Check out the others…
- Rad Gifts for Tween Girls from The Moments at Home
- Gifts for Teen Girls from KimspiredDIY
- Best Train Sets for Toddlers from Play Trains!
- Best Board Games for Kids and Families from All Done Monkey
- Gifts for Kids Who Love Outside Adventures from Bambini Travel
- 10 Gifts for Kids to Encourage New Reading Skills from My Storytime Corner
- Best Games for Teens/Tweens from Nouveau Soccer Mom
- The Best Toys and Games for Kids to Play Together from Mosswood Connections
- Creative Books for Kids that Inspire from Thimble and Twig
- 15 of The Most Magical Unicorn Gift Ideas for Kids from Projects with Kids
- Gift Ideas for Teenage Boys from EverydaySavvy
- Gifts for Messy Play from In Our Pond
- 15 Best Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids from The Joy of Sharing
- Girl Power Gifts for Girls of all ages from Seaside Sundays
- Brilliant! Best Unisex Toys and Gift Ideas for Young Children from Heart of Deborah
- Inquisitive Detective Gifts for Kids from Castle View Academy
- Gifts for Kids that will Inspire Creativity from Creative K Kids
- Robots, Rockets, & Tech Toys for Kids that ROCK! from Our Family Code
- Seriously FUN Sensory Toys and Games from B-Inspired Mama
- Gender Neutral Frozen-themed Gift Ideas from Fab Working Mom Life
- Gifts for 8-Year-Old Girls from What’s Up Fagans?
- Best Outdoor Gifts to get Kids Outside from Creative Little Explorers
- 40+ Magical Gifts for your Harry Potter Wizards from Coffee and Carpool
- Absolutely Amazing Gifts for Future Fashion Designers from The Gifty Girl
More Sensory Toy & Game Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
- 27 Fun Finds for Your Child’s Sensory Diet
- 3 Easy DIY Sensory Bin Gifts for Kids
- 15 Super Fun Gifts to Get Your Kids Moving
- 10 BIG Gifts for Kids
- 24 Fun Finds to Make Your Kids’ Outdoor Play AWESOME!
- The Ultimate Gift Guide to Empowering Gifts for Girls!
And make sure to check out ALL the Gift Guide FUN on our ULTIMATE Holiday Gift Guide List.