This Mama Needs Some Easy Dinner Ideas…
Yep, I’m writing this post for myself today. I am seriously FAILING on the dinner-front lately. I’ve been resorting to take-out or sandwiches far to often and need to get back on track. So in partnership with sponsor Hamburger Helper®, I’ve gathered up some easy dinner tips and tricks from my favorite blogger friends to help get myself back on the family dinner train. Maybe they could help you, too?
This is a sponsored post for Hamburger Helper®. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
9 Easy Dinner Tips & Tricks for Busy Moms:
- Write Out Your Meal Plan – Obviously, my problem is all about planning. Meal planning for the week ahead is essential for me to have the right groceries on hand and have an easy dinner plan when 5 o’clock rolls around. I like the simplicity of planning meals out on a simple printable calendar sheet like this one, but you could also use a printable weekly meal planner that breaks down each day’s meals, too.
- Organize Your Kitchen & Pantry – I have to say, that when my kitchen and pantry is unorganized, our meals are, too. Knowing what groceries you have “in stock” and where they are is essential for easy meal planning.
- Have Theme Nights – This is a fun tip that my kids get a kick out of; have specific meal themes for each day of the week. My kids love “Taco Tuesday”. Other theme nights could be Mexican Monday, Waffle Wednesday, or Soup Sunday.
- Get the Kids to Help – Okay, I know… this might not make things quicker or easier depending on your kids and your situation. But, especially if your kids are a bit older, giving them jobs in the kitchen might help. Kids can clean veggies, cut soft ingredients, set the table, and more.
- Keep the Kids Entertained – If it’s not a help to have your kids in the kitchen with you, make sure they’re entertained so you can focus on meal prep and cooking. Try making it a routine that while you’re cooking kids have a certain planned activity each day; maybe some quiet time reading or on their tablets, playing with a sensory bin, or watching some cartoons.
- Utilize Your Crock Pot – My hubby hasn’t been impressed with many of my crock pot recipes (except for our favorite Pork BBQ – Yum!). But many moms swear by their crock pots. And they sure do save time in the evening. Here are some easy crock pot recipes to try.
- Prep and/or Cook Ahead – Make ahead meals seem to be all the rage lately. But since many use the crock pot, I’m not a huge fan (see above mention of my crock pot failures). But I do love the idea of prepping as much ahead as possible. I need to get in the routine of washing and cutting my veggies as soon as I bring them home so they’re easier to cook with on busy nights.
- Set a Dinner Time & Timer – I’m terrible with this, but I know it would help me prepare and my kids be ready for dinner if we had it at the same time each night. And I think I might try to set a timer on my phone for a half hour ahead of time to remind me to start cookin’.
- Give Yourself a Break with Boxed Meals – Maybe make one of those themed nights an easy dinner night using a boxed meal helper like Hamburger Helper®. Hamburger Helper® makes a home-cooked meal so quick and easy; all you need is some ground beef and maybe a side salad to round it out.
Celebrate National Hamburger Month with Hamburger Helper®!
June is the perfect month to have Hamburger Helper® for an easy dinner since it’s National Hamburger Month! (The kids would get a kick out of it if you had a Hamburger Celebration, wouldn’t they?) You can “dress up” Hamburger Helper® with other ingredients, too; check out the Betty Crocker site for creative recipes to try. And make sure to check out this coupon offer before heading out to Walmart to purchase your Hamburger Helper®.
What are your best easy dinner tips and tricks? What helps you to be prepares and save time?
More Easy Dinner Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hamburger Helper® . The opinions and text are all mine.