Breakfast Muffins for a Simple Make-Ahead Dinner!
In our house, bacon is its own food group. The perfect ingredient for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So when Eggo challenged me to make some breakfast for dinner, I knew it had to include bacon. And since our after-school evenings are so hectic, it had to be easy. Or even better – make ahead! Here’s what I came up with…
Easy Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Muffins with an Eggo Waffle Crust
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 Eggo Homestyle Mini Waffles, toasted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 – 12 slices of crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Spray a standard sized muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one toasted mini waffle into each of the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle a small handful of shredded cheese into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle a small handful of chopped bacon into each muffin cup.
- Use a whisk or fork to beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Use a knife to carefully remove Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Muffins from the pan and enjoy!
These turned out awesome. Cheesy, bacony, and super filling with that waffle crust on the bottom. But what I love most about these breakfast muffins is that they can be made ahead and reheated for dinner. Or even individually wrapped and frozen for another day entirely. Score!
More Quick Dinner Recipes from B-Inspired Mama:
Does your family ever have breakfast for a quick dinner? What is your favorite breakfast food for dinner? Share in the comments below!