This post was sponsored by Entenmann’s® Little Bites®. However, all content and opinions are entirely my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
How are your school mornings going? Are the kids having trouble transitioning from those lazy mornings lollygagging around the house to the hustle and bustle of busy school mornings?
Over the years, I’ve tried many tools and tricks to keep the kids moving through their school morning routine, get them packing their own lunchboxes, and help them start their school days on a positive note.
But after a couple weeks, the back to school excitement wears off and the monotony sets in. And the kids fall into the before school BLAHs.
So, inspired by B-Inspired Mama partner Entenmann’s® Little Bites®, I’ve come up with a fun before school breakfast to keep everyone smiling in the morning…
Banana School Bus – A Cute Before School Breakfast Recipe
Now, I know you’re thinking you don’t have time to make cutesy breakfasts like this on busy school mornings. And I totally get that. I do!
But this is way easier to make than you may think. And you could just do it as a fun surprise on the first day of school or on a Monday morning to start the week off on a fun note.
It only takes a few ingredients and a little creative cutting and arranging.
And you can use pre-cooked breakfast sausage heated in the microwave to make this before school recipe even quicker.
With the sausage road, banana bus, and berry details, this school morning breakfast is well-balanced, too.
But don’t forget the yummy Entenmann’s® Little Bites® Chocolate Chip Muffin wheels. The kids will LOVE that sweet treat – with the real chocolate chips inside!
Finally, grab some of these adorable little animal food picks to use as school bus passengers. You could totally make this Banana School Bus without them, but they sure make it super cute, don’t they?!
Even big kids will have a hard time staying in a grumpy mood when they’re greeted at the breakfast table with this cute before school breakfast!
Print this Cute Before School Breakfast Recipe:
Banana School Bus Breakfast Recipe
- 1 banana
- 2 blueberries
- 1 strawberries
- 2 breakfast sausage link (fully-cooked) ((prepared according to package directions))
- 2 Little Bites Chocolate Chip Muffins
- paring knife
- cutting board
- 3 animal-themed food pick ((optional))
- Position sausage links along the bottom of the plate for road.
- Position two Entenmann’s® Little Bites® Chocolate Chip Muffins as wheels on the road.
- Add a blueberry to the center of each muffin wheel for detail.
- Peel the banana, cut it lengthwise, and position one segment cut-side down above muffins as the bottom portion of the bus. Then, cut the other banana segment a bit shorter than the first, and position it just above the first on the plate, also cut-side down, as a top portion of the bus.
- Use a paring knife to cut two small pieces from the strawberry and position them on front and back of the bus for lights.
- Position animal Bento food picks as school bus passengers.
Like this Before School Breakfast Recipe? Pin It & Share It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More Fun Kids Breakfast Ideas:
- A Fun Waffle Topping Buffet for an Easy Kids Breakfast
- Another Sweet School Bus Back to School Breakfast
- Silly Cereal Snail Breakfast Idea
Leave a Reply