A Yummy Snack Mix for Kids
I am beyond-excited to announce that I have been chosen to be a “Chief Waffle Officer” for Eggo! Each day this week I will be sharing a creative kid-friendly recipe using Eggo waffles. We’ve been having so much fun experimenting with all of the tasty (and convenient!) Eggo products over the last week. And I’ve been having fun making Cliff call me “Chief!” I hope with my new title to inspire you to look for easy options, like Eggo frozen waffles, to make your kids’ meals and snacks a little more healthy and fun. And then when you do, you can enter them into the Eggo Recipe Contest; but I’ll tell you more about that later. First, let me share this easy recipe for a super yummy snack mix…
Cinnamon Waffle Snack Mix Recipe
- (1) box Kellogg’s Eggo Homestyle Mini Waffles
- 2 cups M&Ms
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- canola oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Cut the frozen mini waffles into approximately 1″ pieces. (With them stacked as in the photo above, I cute each mini waffle into fourths.)
2. Place the mini waffle pieces into a mixing bowl and spray with some canola oil spray. Toss and spray again.
3. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Add to the bowl of waffle pieces and toss or stir to coat waffle pieces in cinnamon sugar.
4. Spread waffle pieces onto a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Stir and check every 5 minutes or so and take them out when they are lightly browned and crispy.
5. Place the cinnamon waffle pieces into a mixing bowl and combine with the M&Ms and peanuts.
6. Try to make it last for more than a couple of hours; I bet you won’t be able to do it!
Cliff and the kids clamored over this snack mix! I even found the kids picking out the cinnamon waffle pieces and eating them first instead of the typical chocolate. Even toddler J.C. loved the sweet waffle pieces for a snack. This is definitely our new favorite snack mix recipe.
If you’re inspired to make a fun recipe with Eggo products, too, make sure to enter it into The Great Waffle Off on the Eggo Facebook Page. You could win $5,000 or a year’s supply of Eggo products.
Now, how about a challenge… What occasion would you love to see me create an Eggo recipe for, Mamas?
Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post is sponsored by Kellogg’s Eggo. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!