Stomp & Splash! – Active Outdoor Toddler Art for Exploring Colors!
- washable paint
- sandwich-size zip-top bag(s)
- 1 straw(s)
Paint Bag Prep
- Add a generous squirt of paint and a cup or so of water into a zip-top bag.
- Place the straw into the bag and seal the bag around it. Hold the bag and straw, and gently blow air into the bag through the straw.
- Pull the straw out of the bag while simultaneously sealing the bag to capture the air inside.
- Shake the bag gently to mix the paint and water inside.
- Repeat with a different color of paint in each bag.
Stomp & Splash!
- Place the paint-filled bags side-by-side on the sidewalk (or snow-covered ground).
- Invite your child to STOMP on each bag to pop them and splash the colorful paint. Alternatively, make it a game by calling out random colors for your child to find and STOMP!
- Encourage your child to call out each color as they stomp and splash. If applicable, identify any new colors from the splashing paint mixing together.
Grab the Sample Toddler Activity Pages!
Download the sample book pages so you can save this fun outdoor toddler art activity for a day you’re playing outside.
Get Your Stomp & Splash Outdoor Toddler Art Printable HERE:
Then, make sure to order your copy of my new book, The Outdoor Toddler Activity Book, for many, many more fun educational outdoor activities for your toddler!
Yes, the activities in the book are perfect for toddlers (ages 1 to 3), but most of them would be super fun for preschoolers and even older kids, too! So, make sure to check it out even if your kids have outgrown toddlerhood.