Once Easter’s over, it’s summer in my mind. Who cares what the calendar says! We’re ready for some fun summer activities around here!
When it comes to fun summer activities, inexpensive is where it’s at!
Because we all know how those summer toys get used and abused all summer long. We don’t want to put too much investment in them, right?
Time to Stock Up on Inexpensive Summer Toys!
I love stocking up on new, inexpensive summer toys at the beginning of the summer season. From colorful sand buckets, fun shaped sand molds, bubbles and pinwheels, pool noodles and beach balls, and so much more!
This post has affiliate links. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
The local dollar store is always stocked up. Or if you’d rather shop from home, you can find them on Amazon, too.
Here are some of our favorite inexpensive summer toys and fun summer activities using them…
6 Fun Summer Activities using Inexpensive Dollar Store Toys
- Rainbow Bubble Snakes – I can’t wait to take our bubble blowing to the next level with these awesome Bubble Snakes. I have a feeling once the kids try this, we’ll have to stockpile inexpensive bubbles!
- Cloud Dough Beach Sensory Play – My kids loved the cloud dough we made for their Egyptian themed sensory play last month, so I can’t wait to try out some new dollar store beach and sand toys in a Cloud Dough Beach Sensory Bin this Summer.
- Windy Day Science Fun – Now that we’re officially homeschoolers, I’m really excited to find opportunities for learning during our fun Summer activities. And I think some simple pinwheels will be perfect for a simple Windy Day Science Activity!
- Water Obstacle Course – Part of our occupational therapy for the boys’ sensory processing needs includes working on gross motor skills. So I plan to use some hula hoops and other inexpensive summer toys to make a fun Water Obstacle Course.
- Water Table Science Experiments – I love the idea of taking messy science experiments outside for the Summer. And inexpensive beach toys will be perfect for doing some Water Table Science Experiments.
- DIY Water Wall – I really want to set up a Fun Water Wall on our play yard fence. Don’t you think pool noodles would work great for the tubing?
More Fun Summer Activities:
- The BEST Kids Play Ideas for Summer – to Keep Kids Busy and Happy!
- Free Printable: Fun Summer LEGO Building Ideas
- 12 Way Fun Water Activities for Kids
- 14 Fun Activities for Dirt-Loving Boys – And Girls!
- Fun Summer Activities Right in the Mail!