A Creative & Fun St. Patrick Craft for Kids!
We’re finally ready for St. Patrick’s Day! We aren’t letting those pesky Leprechauns get us this time. We’ve made special traps – glittery boxes – to catch their attention. When their curiosity gets the best of them and they come looking for treasure, the lid of the Leprechaun trap will drop on them for sure! Do you have yours made yet? It’s easy with this fun St. Patrick craft…
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
St. Patrick Craft – A Leprechaun Trap Box
- 2″ – 3″ unfinished wooden treasure box
- green, orange, and yellow craft paint
- green glitter
- assorted gemstone embellishments
- shamrock stickers
- craft glue
- Darice Painted Wood Rainbow Cutout (We purchased ours at Michael’s.)
- hot glue and hot glue gun
- Paint the wood box and add glitter while the paint is still wet. Let dry completely.
- Use craft glue to adhere gemstones and shamrock stickers. Let dry completely.
- Use hot glue gun and hot glue to adhere the pre-painted wood rainbow cutout onto the back of the box (facing forward).
- Prop the box open on St. Patrick’s Day eve with a toothpick and check it in the morning for a Leprechaun!
More St. Patrick Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
Have you ever caught a Leprechaun? Have you ever set up a Leprechaun Trap? Do you do any St. Patrick crafts with the kids? Share in the comments below!
i love your ideas
This is such a cute idea!