This Pumpkin Chuckin’ DIY Halloween Party Game for Kids has affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
This mama loves a good creative challenge. So when I was given the unusual challenge to create a kids Halloween party game using some toilet paper, I was like, “Game On!”
Of course, toilet paper is perfect for Halloween Mummies. But I decided to think in terms of the shape of the roll instead of the white stuff around it. Here’s the Kids Pumpkin Halloween Party Game I came up with…
Kids Halloween games can be tricky. You don’t want anything too scary at a kids Halloween party since different kids and families have different views and scare-tolerance. But PUMPKINS are always a safe bet! And using toilet paper to make the pumpkins for the game adds a silly spin, too.
The toilet paper pumpkins do take a little bit of time to make, but they’re so adorable! Plus, you can save them to play the game at future Halloween parties or Fall Festivals. Or even for Fall decor! Here are the basic supplies you’ll need…
- Cottonelle Triple Roll Toilet Paper
- orange and green felt or fleece fabric
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- harvest basket
- orange paper
- hole punch
After you make the toilet paper pumpkins, you simple set the basket (or baskets) up on the floor or ground and have the child stand back and try to “chuck” the pumpkin into the basket. Easy peasy! Plus, easy to customize for kids of different ages and abilities.
Sawyer and Priscilla had a blast playing this whimsical DIY Pumpkin Chuckin’ Halloween Game. And I felt safe having toss soft, cushy toilet paper pumpkins instead of harder heavier pumpkins.
We plan to take our Pumpkin Chuckin’ Halloween Game to an upcoming Cub Scout Halloween Party. It should be a hit with those busy boys!
Now, Here’s How to Make this Kids Pumpkin Halloween Game:
Pumpkin Chuckin' DIY Halloween Party Game for Kids
- hole punch
- hot glue gun
- Use hot glue to glue the short ends of 2 sheets of orange felt together, making one piece of felt approximately 8x23".
- Wrap the long piece of felt around one of the rolls of toilet paper, securing overlapping end with hot glue. Tuck overhanging felt into the holes of the toilet paper roll and secure with hot glue.
- Cut a rectangle out of the green felt, then roll it up and glue it into a stem shape. Glue one end into one of the holes on the felt-covered toilet paper roll "pumpkin" to make a stem.
- Cut a leaf shape out of green felt and glue one end of it at the base of the stem.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 to make 2 more pumpkins (or as many as you wish).
- Cut a pumpkin shape out of orange paper and use a marker to white "PUMPKIN CHUCKIN'" on it. Punch a hole in the top tie it to the harvest basket with ribbon.
- Place the harvest basket on the floor/ground, then have your child stand back and "chuck" the pumpkins into the harvest basket to play the game!
More Fun Kids Halloween Party Ideas:
- 20+ Halloween Activity Ideas for Kids!
- 20 Cool Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
- 24 Cute & Creative Halloween Crafts for Kids
This post has affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Get MORE Fun Ideas + a FREE Gift!
Sign up for the newsletter to get MORE fun kids craft & activity ideas, and we'll send you a FREE gift - Printable Conversation Starters for Kids and Parents - right to your inbox TODAY!