This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Cottonelle, but all my opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
This mama loves a good creative challenge. So when Pollinate Media Group™ gave me the challenge to create a Halloween game or craft using some Cottonelle Toilet Paper, I was like, “Game On!”
I mean, that extra thick, soft toilet paper is perfect for Halloween, especially for Mummies.
But I decided to think more in terms of the shape of the roll instead of the white stuff around it. Here’s the DIY Halloween game I came up with…
DIY Kids Pumpkin Chuckin’ Halloween Game
- Cottonelle Triple Roll Toilet Paper
- orange and green felt or fleece fabric
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- harvest basket
- orange paper
- hole punch
- Cut orange felt or fabric into a rectangle about 6″ wider than the width of the roll of toilet paper and long enough to wrap all the way around the roll and overlap a bit. (Two pieces of standard 8×12″ felt worked for one roll of toilet paper.)
- Wrap the orange felt rectangle(s) around the roll of toilet paper and secure with hot glue. Then begin tucking and hot gluing the felt on the ends in toward the toilet paper roll holes on each end.
- Cut a small rectangle out of the green felt. Roll it and glue it into a step shape. Add glue to one end of the “stem,” and secure it to the “top” of the felt covered toilet paper roll.
- Cut a small leaf out of green felt and glue it near the secured stem. You now have ONE CUTE PUMPKIN! Make as many more as you’d like! I made three.
- Cut a pumpkin shape out of orange paper and add “PUMPKIN CHUCKIN'” to it to make the tag for your basket. Punch a hole in the top and use some ribbon to secure it to the basket.
- Set it up at your kids’ Halloween party and have fun!
Sawyer and Priscilla had a blast trying out their Pumpkin Chuckin’ Halloween Game. And I felt safer with them tossing around the soft, cushy toilet paper pumpkins instead of harder or heavier pumpkins for the game. We plan to take our Pumpkin Chuckin’ Halloween Game to an upcoming Cub Scout Halloween Party. It should be a hit with those busy boys!