My favorite thing about Autumn is definitely the warm colors; the bright red, yellow, and happy orange. But I’m pretty sure my kids’ favorite part of Autumn is the PUMPKINS; picking out their favorite at the pumpkin patch, decorating the house with them, carving them. And I bet they would LOVE learning with pumpkins, too.
How About Some Pumpkin-Inspired Early Learning?!
Inspired by the early learning ideas shared in last week’s Kids Co-Op Link Party, I’ve gathered up some fun pumpkin-themed early learning activities today. Let’s check ’em out…
This post contains affiliate links. Which just means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will receive a small percentage of the sale – without your price being any higher! Thank you for your continued support. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
16+ Pumpkin Themed Early Learning Ideas
1. Measure Your Pumpkins – After you pick (or buy) your pumpkins, make sure to get the tape measure out for some simple preschool math: measuring!
2. Use Mini Pumpkins for Simple Math – Let your preschooler practice early math concepts (sorting, counting, patterning) with cute mini pumpkins.
3. Learn About the Color Orange – Do a cute pumpkin craft to teach your little one how the color orange is made.
4. Explore Shapes with Pumpkin Art – Let the littles learn about shapes by making different shaped pumpkins.
5. Do Some Pumpkin Science – Use some real pumpkins for one of these 9 pumpkin science activities!
6. Learn the Life Cycle of a Pumpkin – Use this free printable to teach the kids about the life cycle of a pumpkin.
7. Practice Memory & Number Recognition – Print this free Pumpkin Memory Game for some pumpkin-themed fun.
8. Practice Colors and Counting with a Poem – Use this cute pumpkin poem as a fun way to practice colors and counting.
9. Practice Counting with Pumpkin Seeds – Make sure to save and dry the seeds after your pumpkin carving for this pumpkin counting game.
10. Do Some Pumpkin Themed Phonics Learning – Try one of these 20 Pumpkin Phonics Activities to make phonics learning a little more fun for your kiddo.
11. Read Some Pumpkin Books – Fill your preschooler’s shelves or book bin with lots of pumpkin themed picture books.
12. Identify the Letter P (for Pumpkin!) – Make a simple letter p recognition activity like this pumpkin shaped one!
13. Practice Names with a Pumpkin Craft – Help your preschooler learn how to spell their name with this cute pumpkin craft.
14. Or Practice Names with Some Mini Pumpkins – Add some letters to mini pumpkins to make a Pumpkin Name Learning Game!
15. Do Some Pumpkin Theme Worksheets – Let the littles use their Do-A-Dot Markers for some pumpkin-themed early learning.
16. Practice Cooking Skills with Pumpkin Recipes – Have your little one practice their kitchen skills (and early math skills!) by helping make some pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin bread, or pumpkin cookies!
Hop on over to The Preschool Toolbox to find 50 MORE Pumpkin Learning Activities, too!
Find this Helpful? Share with Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!