Are your kids left scanning the Thanksgiving dinner table spread with frowns on their faces? Maybe they’re not into the traditional turkey, green beans, and boring mashed potatoes?
Have them help make some Cheesy Potato Bites with this seriously easy and delicious cheesy potato recipe for kids!
This post is sponsored and has affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
What’s the Secret to this Simple Cheesy Potato Recipe?
There’s a secret ingredient that makes this kid-friendly potato recipe super quick and easy to make…
Idaho Spuds with 100% Real Idaho® Potatoes
It doesn’t get much easier than grabbing a package of Idaho Spuds right out of the pantry. No peeling potatoes or baking for hours required.
And since they’re made with 100% real Idaho® potatoes and no partially hydrogenated oils or gluten, you can feel good about this semi-homemade ingredient hack!
Plus, the mashed potatoes are ready for this potato bites recipe in just 4 minutes!
We used the Three Cheese flavor – which uses real Cheddar, Romano, and Parmesan cheeses for all it’s cheesy yumminess. And then added MORE cheese of our own, of course!
But you could actually try this recipe with any of Idaho Spuds’ 5 delicious flavors of mashed potatoes: Roasted Garlic, Country Buttered, Creamy Ranch, Supreme Baked, and of course, Three Cheese.
How Can the Kids Help Make this Potato Recipe?
Older kids can probably make this cheesy potato bites recipe all on their own. (**With close supervision when it comes to the oven, of course.)
But this is also an awesome recipe for young kids to help make. Here are some tasks they can do…
- measuring and pouring the ingredients for the Idaho Spuds
- stirring the cheesy potato mixture
- spraying the muffin pan with cooking spray
- using a cookie scoop to fill the muffin pan cups with the cheesy potato mixture
Not only will your kids have fun, but they will grow their confidence, practice math skills, and strengthen fine motor skills, too.
I’d say this potato recipe for kids is a WIN!
Print this Crazy-Easy Cheesy Potato Recipe for Kids:
Crazy-Easy Cheesy Potato Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray mini muffin pan with canola cooking spray.
- Prepare the potatoes according to package directions.
- Measure out 2 cups of the prepared mashed potatoes into a mixing bowl. (Let the kids snack on the extra while the cheesy potato bites bake!)
- Mix the eggs, mozzarella cheese, and green onions into the mashed potatoes until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a cookie scoop (or a tablespoon) fill each muffin cup in the pan with cheesy potato mixture.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until tops of potato bites are slightly golden brown.
- Cool for one minute in the pan before removing.
Like this Easy Potato Recipe for Kids? Share It & Pin It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More Potato Recipes for Kids:
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato with a Maple Bacon Twist
- Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes for Kids to Make
- Potato Pancakes – A Classroom Recipe (via Pre-K Pages)
- Seriously Fun and Super EASY Nugget and Tot Kabobs for Kids
- Really Easy Potato Wedges Recipe (via Eats Amazing)