This Spider Bite Halloween Snack post was sponsored by Entenmann’s® Little Bites®. However, all content and opinions are entirely my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Halloween has always been a tricky holiday for us. My kids have never been into scary or spooky things. They shy away from the Halloween aisle in stores for fear they might see a creepy mask or be startled by a noisy automated decoration. And even though they’re growing up (at ages 5, 8, and 10), they still choose creative Halloween costumes over scary or spooky ones (which makes this scaredy-pants mama relieved).
But we still love to celebrate the tricky fun and especially the deliciousness of Halloween. So we have to get creative sometimes to come up with fun Halloween snacks and treats my kids will love and not run from!
Enter… Spider Bites – A Fun Halloween Snack for Kids
Spider Bites – An Easy Halloween Snack for Kids
These Spider Bite Halloween snacks are so easy to make. Why? Because you start with delicious pumpkin-flavored Little Bites muffins!
And, this cute Halloween treat is easy enough for the kids to make, too. Kids get a kick out of adding the cute little eyes. And, you can get them to practice their counting while adding eight pretzel legs.
Then, Listen to the Halloween Snack Time Giggles!
Your kids will love these fun little spider snacks.
Plus, with those silly edible eyes, colorful sprinkles, fun pretzel legs, all atop that scrumptious pumpkin muffin body, there’s no way this Halloween snack will scare your little ones. So, they’re the perfect snack for a Halloween party or just a fun fall day.
Print and Share this Spider Bites Halloween Snack Recipe:
Spider Bites Halloween Snack
- Unpackage 5 (4 muffin) pouch Little Bites Muffins and spread 1 (12 ounce) can creamy vanilla frosting on the top of each muffin.
- If using sanding sugar, pour some in a shallow bowl and dip each muffin frosting-side down into it to evenly coated the frosting with sanding sugar. If using nonpareil sprinkles, sprinkle some on top of each frosted muffin.
- Press 240 candy eyeballs into the edge of the frosting on each muffin.
- Carefully break or cut the large curved parts off of 1 (16 ounce) bag mini twist pretzels to use as spider legs, until you have 8 pretzel spider legs per muffin (160 total for 20 Spider Bites).
- With a muffin positioned so its candy eyes are closest to you, push the ends of 4 pretzel spider legs into the edge of the frosting on each side of the muffin, making sure all 8 pretzel spider legs curve. Repeat with each muffin.
- Listen for the giggles as the kids nibble their cute and delicious Halloween Spider Bites!
Like these Cute Spider Snacks? Share ‘Em!
Don’t forget to save this blog post to come back to each Halloween. And, share it with friends so they can join the Halloween fun, too. Just click on the buttons at the top and bottom of this blog post or that appear when you hover over an image. Or, click on: Share on Facebook | Tweet It | Pin It | Email to a Friend
Some Kids Halloween Fun on Amazon:
Halloween Pop FidgetsHalloween Paper LanternsHalloween Temporary Tattoos for KidsKids Cardboard Haunted CastleHalloween Wind-Up ToysHalloween Slime KitKids Halloween Party StrawsLEGO Classic Creative Monsters Building KitHalloween Pumpkin Bath Bombs
More Fun Halloween Ideas for Kids:
- 24 Halloween Crafts for Kids
- 50+ Cute Kids Halloween Party Ideas
- Easy Spider Web Frame Craft for Halloween
- Easy Pretzel Monster Halloween Treats