This Spider Bite Halloween Snack post was sponsored by Entenmann’s® Little Bites®. However, all content and opinions are entirely my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Halloween has always been a tricky holiday for us. My kids have never been into scary or spooky things. They shy away from the Halloween aisle in stores for fear they might see a creepy mask or be startled by a noisy automated decoration. And even though they’re growing up (at ages 5, 8, and 10), they still choose creative Halloween costumes over scary or spooky ones (which makes this scaredy-pants mama relieved).
But we still love to celebrate the tricky fun and especially the deliciousness of Halloween. So we have to get creative sometimes to come up with fun Halloween snacks and treats my kids will love and not run from!
Enter… Spider Bites – A Fun Halloween Snack for Kids
Spider Bites – An Easy Halloween Snack for Kids
These Spider Bite Halloween snacks are so easy to make. Why? Because you start with delicious pumpkin-flavored Little Bites muffins!
Then, you just need some yummy store-bought frosting, Halloween sprinkles, candy eyes, and some classic pretzels to transform your little muffins into not-so-spooky spider snacks.
And, this cute Halloween treat is easy enough for the kids to make, too. Kids get a kick out of adding the cute little eyes. And, you can get them to practice their counting while adding eight pretzel legs.
Then, Listen to the Halloween Snack Time Giggles!
Your kids will love these fun little spider snacks.
Plus, with those silly edible eyes, colorful sprinkles, fun pretzel legs, all atop that scrumptious pumpkin muffin body, there’s no way this Halloween snack will scare your little ones. So, they’re the perfect snack for a Halloween party or just a fun fall day.
Print and Share this Spider Bites Halloween Snack Recipe:
Spider Bites Halloween Snack
- 1 icing spatula (or butter knife)
- 1 small bowl (optional)
- 1 knife (optional)
- 5 package Little Bites® Muffins (ideally pumpkin-flavored)
- 1 16-oz can creamy vanilla frosting
- sanding sugar sprinkles (like orange, purple, and/or green)
- nonpareils sprinkles (like orange, purple, and/or green)
- 40 candy eyeballs
- 1 16-oz bag mini twist pretzels
- Spread vanilla frosting on the top of the mini muffin.
- Add sanding sugar or sprinkles to the top of the frosted muffin (by sprinkling them on or pouring them into in a small bowl and dipping the top of the muffin into them).
- Place 2 candy eyeballs onto the frosting near the one edge of the muffin.
- Carefully break (or cut with a sharp knife) some pretzels into 8 curved pieces for spider legs.
- Position the 4 of these pretzel "spider legs" into the frosting's edge on each side of the muffin (making sure they are curving downward like legs).
- Then, listen for the giggles as the kids nibble their cute and delicious Halloween Spider Bites!
Like these Cute Spider Snacks? Share ‘Em!
Don’t forget to save this blog post to come back to each Halloween. And, share it with friends so they can join the Halloween fun, too. Just click on the buttons at the top and bottom of this blog post or that appear when you hover over an image. Or, click on: Share on Facebook | Tweet It | Pin It | Email to a Friend
Some Kids Halloween Fun on Amazon:
Halloween Pop FidgetsHalloween Paper LanternsHalloween Temporary Tattoos for KidsKids Cardboard Haunted CastleHalloween Wind-Up ToysHalloween Slime KitKids Halloween Party StrawsLEGO Classic Creative Monsters Building KitHalloween Pumpkin Bath Bombs
More Fun Halloween Ideas for Kids:
- 24 Halloween Crafts for Kids
- 50+ Cute Kids Halloween Party Ideas
- Easy Spider Web Frame Craft for Halloween
- Easy Pretzel Monster Halloween Treats
Leave a Reply