This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. It also contains affiliate links. However, the opinions and text are all mine. See my disclosure policy for more information.
What’s better for a cold winter’s day watching football then chili? When Old El Paso® and Budweiser® invited us to share our favorite game day recipe, I knew it had to be chili. But I put a little spin on it.
A Fun Way to Serve Game Day Chili!
I transformed our favorite game day chili into fun and easy-to-serve Chili Cheese Boats that are crunchy and layered and delicious! Check ’em out…
Game Day Chili Cheese Boats – So Easy and Delicious!
I discovered that Old El Paso® Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats are perfect for making yummy game day appetizers and hearty snacks. Leave them soft or toast them to give ’em a little crunch. Add different meats or beans or any other combination of hearty ingredients. The possibilities are endless! And they’re easy to serve!
They make the perfect little edible containers for a scoop of chunky chili and sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese!
I put them back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt on top. Then added some torn cilantro on top. Mmmmm!
Then the kids and Cliff and I munched on them while watching the football game. Cliff and I each enjoyed a Bud Light Lime, too. I’d say this family game day party was delicious!
Print this Game Day Chili Cheese Boats Recipe:
Game Day Chili Cheese Boats Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes ((drained))
- 15 ounce kidney beans ((drained and rinsed))
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 chili seasoning mix
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 package mini soft tortilla bowl ((8 individual boats))
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro ((to taste))
- paring knife
- 12-quart stockpot (with lid)
- wooden spoon
- cutting board
- sheet baking pan
- parchment paper
- measuring cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm olive oil in the stockpot over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and break up with spoon or spatula. Cook ground beef over medium heat, stirring and breaking apart occasionally until browned throughout.
- Add diced tomatoes and use a spoon to crush them a bit and stir them into the beef.
- Add chili seasoning and stir until combined.
- Stir in kidney beans and corn.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through.
Preparing Tortilla Boats:
- While chili is cooking, arrange Old El Paso® Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats on a nonstick baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray Tortilla Taco Boats lightly with olive oil cooking spray, and sprinkle them with garlic salt.
- Bake Tortilla Taco Boats until lightly brown and slightly crispy. Approximately 5 - 8 minutes.
Assembling Chili Cheese Taco Boats:
- Spoon chili mixture into toasted Tortilla Taco Boats. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
- Add some torn cilantro to the top and serve.
Do you and your family watch football? What are your favorite game day foods? Have a favorite game day chili recipe? Join the conversation in the comments below!
More Game Day Recipes:
- A New Game Day Tradition: Football Brownie Cupcakes
- Easy Southwest Pork Taco Boats
- Easy and Delicious Enchilada Stuffed Peppers Recipe