This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. It also contains affiliate links. However, the opinions and text are all mine. See my disclosure policy for more information.
What’s better for a cold winter’s day watching football then chili? When Old El Paso® and Budweiser® invited us to share our favorite game day recipe, I knew it had to be chili. But I put a little spin on it.
A Fun Way to Serve Game Day Chili!
I transformed our favorite game day chili into fun and easy-to-serve Chili Cheese Boats that are crunchy and layered and delicious! Check ’em out…
Game Day Chili Cheese Boats – So Easy and Delicious!
I discovered that Old El Paso® Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats are perfect for making yummy game day appetizers and hearty snacks. Leave them soft or toast them to give ’em a little crunch. Add different meats or beans or any other combination of hearty ingredients. The possibilities are endless! And they’re easy to serve!
I sprayed ours with a little olive oil and sprinkled them with garlic salt before toasting in the oven.
They make the perfect little edible containers for a scoop of chunky chili and sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese!
I put them back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt on top. Then added some torn cilantro on top. Mmmmm!
Then the kids and Cliff and I munched on them while watching the football game. Cliff and I each enjoyed a Bud Light Lime, too. I’d say this family game day party was delicious!
Print this Game Day Chili Cheese Boats Recipe:
Game Day Chili Cheese Boats Recipe
- meat chopper optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 8 mini tortilla bowls
For Chili Cheese Boats:
- no-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro (torn, to taste, optional)
To Make Chili:
- Warm olive oil in stock pot over medium heat.
- Add 1 pound ground beef to pot and cook over medium heat, stirring and breaking meat up on occassion, until browned throughout.
- Add 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes to pot and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add 1 (1.25 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix to pot and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add 1 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans and 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn to pot and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
To Prepare Chili Cheese Boats:
- Spray tortilla boats lightly with no-stick cooking spray, and sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Bake tortilla boats for 5-8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until lightly brown and toasted.
- Remove tortilla boats from oven, and with boats still on sheet pan, spoon some chili mixture into each one.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top of each tortilla boat, then return to oven for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Add some torn fresh cilantro on top of each chili cheese boat before serving.
Do you and your family watch football? What are your favorite game day foods? Have a favorite game day chili recipe? Join the conversation in the comments below!
More Game Day Recipes:
- A New Game Day Tradition: Football Brownie Cupcakes
- Easy Southwest Pork Taco Boats
- Easy and Delicious Enchilada Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Corina Ramos says
Love this idea Krissy! Looks so good and so easy to make, which is my favorite part. 🙂
Thanks for sharing!
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
Thank you! It was so delicious my husband made more the next day.