Have a Fun Family Game Day Party!
Let me be honest… We’re not really a football family. We each have our favorite teams, but we rarely actually watch football. EXCEPT during the NFL playoff season. We’ll take any old reason to have a fun family day inside on a cold winter day, and a football playoff game is a perfect excuse! I’ve done a little hunting and found some ways to make a game day party fun for the whole family – including the kids. Let’s check ’em out…
9 Family-Friendly Football Game Day Party Ideas
- Wear Team Clothing – Get all the entire family dressed up in their favorite team clothing. No team apparel? Make a cute football shirt like this one or just dress in the colors of the team you’re rooting for. Let the kids help pick their outfits!
- Decorate for the Party – Make this easy football field table cloth to transform your dining room table into a fun food station. And find some printable decorations here, too.
- Prepare a Football Themed Craft or Activity – If your kids don’t have the attention span for the entire game (don’t worry – neither do mine!), prep a football themed craft or activity for them; like this football pointillism art, this mini football goalpost craft, or this LEGO mini football game.
- Offer a Football Sensory Bin – Or offer the kids a football themed sensory bin to play in.
- Sneak in Some Learning – Or make the game a learning experience for the kids with any one of these great football themed learning printables and resources!
- Read Football Books – Or read the kids some football themed children’s books between plays.
- Enjoy Some Sweet Treats – Let the kids help make some sweet treats for enjoying during the game. Try these football cookie balls or some football yard line brownies.
- Serve Savory Appetizers – Make some hearty snacks – like these easy Chili Cheese Boats – for feasting on during the game, too.
- Have a Drink Station – Make one of these football themed drink tubs for the drinks. Stock it with soda for the kids!
Do you and your family watch football? Which are your teams? What are your favorite game day foods? Have any game day party tips to share? Join the conversation in the comments below!
Leave a Reply