A Look at Our Favorite Children’s Books – FOR PRESCHOOLERS!
Did you happen to see our favorite children’s books for babies and for toddlers? We just can’t get enough of our Usborne Books around here! The kids are loving them. And I’m so impressed (as a former teacher and current mama) with the educational value in them; perfect for preschoolers preparing for school! So let’s move forward with the children’s book fun and explore some awesome children’s books for preschoolers…
12 of Our Favorite Children’s Books for Preschoolers
[From Our Favorite Book Source – Usborne Books and More!]
I am an Independent Consultant for Usborne Books and More. Please see my disclosure policy.
- Look Inside Your Body – “Peek under all the flaps in these colorful and engaging books–perfect for little fingers and curious minds.”
- Aesop’s Stories for Little Children – “This charming illustrated story collection is the perfect introduction to Aesop’s classic tales. Discover the antics and adventures of a boastful hair, a helpful mouse, a greedy dog and many more.”
- You Be Me, I’ll Be You – “Anna, the interracial child of a white father and black mother, explores questions and yearnings she has about her identity by ‘switching’ skin colors with her father. With ease, wit, and compassion, You Be Me, I’ll Be You examines issues of concern to all children who have ever worried about differences.”
- Lift the Flap Questions and Answers – “An interactive board book with over 60 flaps, exploring all kinds of questions that young children love to ask. Children will enjoy lifting the flaps to discover who, what, when, where, how, which and why. Provides friendly, simple answers to challenging questions, with entertaining and informative illustrations. A perfect book to dip into – great for inquisitive little ones!”
- Why? – “Distinctive and captivating art, combines with silly questions, and some very, very silly answers (along with the serious ones), to make this the perfect book for your sometimes-ridiculous, ever-curious, loveable, maddening, why-afflicted zoologist.”
- Cow Takes a Bow and Other Tales: A Phonics Reader – “A collection of six funny stories, each told with rhythmic text and phonic repetition specially designed to develop essential language and early reading skills. Suitable for reading aloud or beginner readers. Guidance notes at the back explain how parents can help their children get the most out of this book.”
- Fairytale Treasury – “A luxury cloth-bound book retelling eighteen classic fairytales from across the world. Includes ‘The Frog Prince’, ‘Sleeping Beauty’, ‘Prince Ivan and the Firebird’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and ‘The Snow Queen’.”
- 1000 Animals – “A delightful word book showing exactly one thousand animals, each individually named and lovingly illustrated. Every double page includes an array of animals to pore over, from dinosaurs to dogs. A wonderful book to share together, perfect for young animal lovers, and an excellent way for children to add lots of words to their spoken vocabulary.”
- First Dot-to-Dot Things That Go – “A colorful dot-to-dot book for young children. All pictures can be completed using the numbers 1 to 10 so these books are suitable for children who are just beginning to count and recognize numbers.”
- My First Big Book of Doodling, Drawing, and Coloring – “Banish dull moments forever with this jam-packed drawing, doodling and coloring book. From pandas in a tree, to pirates on a tropical island, there really is a page to inspire every child. Guaranteed to provide hours of fun.”
- Pop Up Busy Town – “Find all the people in this delightfully busy town. As you open the pages one by one, pop-ups gradually appear, until the whole town is in front of you! Then you can also find the 10 little birds; one is hiding in every page. This interactive book encourages language development, promotes math and counting skills and is ideal for both travel and laptime sharing.”
- Wipe-Clean Get Ready for School Activity Book – “A fun way for young children to learn about numbers and letters ahead of starting school. Children can draw over the dotted lines to finish the numbers and letters in each brightly-illustrated scene. Each page is wipe-clean so that children can write on them with the special pen over and over again.”
- Sticker Dressing Heroes and Rescue Missions – “Discover the exciting worlds of secret agents, firefighters, stuntmen and many more brave heroes in this action-packed sticker book. Dress the heroes in high-tech outfits for a range of challenging situations with over 370 stickers, including top-of-the-line equipment. Includes dramatic scenes from two books in the Sticker Dressing series, from searching for buried explosives, to exploring the Arctic and much more. A fun pastime for young thrill-seekers.”
- Big Book of Big Dinosaurs – “An enormous new book for kids fascinated by gigantic dinosaurs. Full of the biggest dinosaurs on land, in the sea and in the air. Includes giant foldout pages to show the most enormous dinosaurs. A simple timeline at the end shows when each dinosaur roamed the earth.”
Since I’m an Independent Consultant (and HUGE fan!) for Usborne Books and More, you can order all of these children’s books and more right through my Usborne Books and More Store and have them shipped right to your door. (Just make sure to check the Internet specials first. And also the Customer Specials if you’ve already got $40+ in your cart!)
Want to Earn FREE Children’s Books?
You can host your own Usborne Books and More Party RIGHT ON FACEBOOK! No need to clean the house or prepare food. Stay in your pajamas and sip a glass of wine while I lead you and your friends through a fun night of games, book browsing, and shopping. Find out how to earn FREE children’s books with your own party here or contact me for more info.
What are your favorite children’s books to read to with your preschoolers? Do you have any Usborne Books?
Leave a Reply