Mom and Kid-Friendly Essential Oils Uses!
Already have the Young Living Essential Oil Starter Kit and wondering how you can use all of those oils? This post is for you!
Thinking about trying out Essential Oils but want to make sure it’s worth the money and time? This post is for you, too!
Today, I’m going to go through the popular essential oils in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit and show you all of the amazing ways you can use them with your kids and family. Let’s get started…
50 Essential Oil Uses for Moms and Kids
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL USES:
- Improve Concentration During Homework Time – Try diffusing peppermint during your child’s homework time to promote better concentration. (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
- Holiday Scented Salt Dough Ornaments – Peppermint is the perfect scent for the holiday season, so make sure to add some peppermint essential oil to your salt dough mix before making some Peppermint Scented Candy Cane Ornaments with the kids!
- Invigorating Candy Cane Playdough – Add some peppermint to this easy homemade playdough recipe for some festive and invigorating sensory play.
- Peppermint Rice Sensory Bin – Make some peppermint scented rice for some fun holiday sensory play.
- Make a Chest Rub – Dilute well with a carrier oil (we use coconut oil) and run on a child’s chest to promote better breathing when they have a cold.
- Ease Tummy Aches – Rub the kids’ belly with well-diluted peppermint oil to soothe their achy tummy.
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL USES:
- Uplifting Lemon Cloud Dough – Add some lemon (and lime!) essential oil to a simple homemade cloud dough recipe for some uplifting and invigorating sensory play for the kids.
- Kid-Made Energizing Sugar Scrub – Get the kids to help make this Energizing Lemon Sugar Scrub as a gift for their teachers (or YOU!).
- Bake with It! – Add a drop of lemon oil to your cake or cookie frosting for a lemony flavor. Or try it in some of your favorite baking recipes.
- Homemade Lemon Dusting Spray – Throw together this natural lemon cleaner before getting the kids to help you dust around the house!
- Clean Kids Toys – Use lemon in this chemical-free soak to clean kids toys.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL USES:
- Before-Bed Lavender Playdough – Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to some homemade playdough for the perfect kid-calming before-bed sensory play.
- Calm a Fussy Baby – Check out these 4 ways you can safely use lavender essential oil to calm a fussy baby.
- Kid-Made Calming Sugar Scrub – Have the kids help make this Calming Lavender Sugar Scrub for a gift for their teacher or grandma. (Or make some for yourself to use at the end of a long day!)
- Kid-Calming Bath Bombs – Whip up some lavender bath bombs to toss in the kids bedtime bath to promote calming and better sleep.
- Sprinkle Lavender on Pillows – Sprinkle a drop or two of lavender on the kids’ (and YOUR) pillows before bed to encourage relaxation and better sleep.
- Calming Cloud Dough Sensory Play – Have some homemade lavender cloud dough ready in a bin for some calming after-school sensory play.
- Soothe Minor Burns – Apply a couple drops of lavender essential oil to minor burns to promote healing.
CITRUS FRESH ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND USES:
- Diffuse in the Morning to Wake Up – Start a busy day on an awakening and uplifting note by diffusing some citrus fresh. (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
- Citrus-Scented Homemade Playdough – Turn homemade playdough sensory play into a mood-boosting experience by adding a few drops of Citrus Fresh and/or Lemon essential oils.
- Happy Day Scented Slime – Use citrus fresh or any other citrus essential oil in this DIY slime recipe for sensory play that will encourage a happy day!
FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL USES:
- Soothe an Itchy Pregnant Belly – Add some Frankincense to a carrier oil to massage on stretching pregnancy belly skin. (Find more essential oil uses for pregnancy symptoms here!)
- Boost Mama’s Immune System when Everyone’s Sick – Try this Immune Boosting Tea recipe that uses frankincense along with lemon and peppermint oils to boost immunity when the rest of the family is sick.
- Kid-Made Lotion Gift – Have the kids help make some skin-nourishing lotion gifts using frankincense and lavender for a thoughtful teacher gift.
- Encourage Meditation & Prayer – Diffuse frankincense when you want to encourage a meditative or prayerful atmosphere. (Don’t laugh, Mama. Anything is possible! *wink*) (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
PANAWAY ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND USES:
- Ease Pregnancy Muscle Aches & Pains – Dilute a few drops of PanAway with some carrier oil and have your partner give you a lower back massage or apply anywhere you have muscle ashes and pains. (Find more essential oil uses for pregnancy symptoms here!)
- Soothe Tired & Sore Mama Feet – Have your partner rub your tired feet with some PanAway (diluted in a carrier oil) to cool and soothe sore muscles.
TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL USES:
- Natural Homemade Diaper Wipes – This recipe for homemade diaper wipes combines tea tree oil and lavender oil to soothe and clean babies bottom.
- Dab on Skin Scrapes – Dilute some tea tree oil in a carrier oil (we use coconut oil) and rub on your little one’s scrapes to promote faster healing.
- Homemade (Insect-Repellent) Hair Detangler – Add 10 drops of tea tree oil and a squeeze of hair conditioner to a spray bottle of water to make a (lice and insect repellent) hair detangler.
- Soothe Dry Skin – Dilute a few drops of tea tree oil in some carrier oil (we use coconut oil) and run on dry skin.
- Homemade Laundry Detergent – Combine tea tree oil with lavender, theives, and some other ingredients to make your own laundry detergent!
THIEVES ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND USES:
- Sick-Day Slime – Add some thieves to a homemade slime recipe to make the perfect immunity-boosting sensory play activity for a sick day.
- Diffuse During Flu Season – Keep the thieves going in the diffuser throughout flu season to boost the family’s immune systems. (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
- Rub on Sick Kids’ Feet – Dillute thieves with some carrier oil (we use coconut oil) and rub it on your sick kids’ feet to boost their immune systems.
- Soothe Teething Gums – Dillute thieves 1 drop to 5 drops of carrier oil (such as V6) and apply to baby’s teething gums.
- Kid-Safe Surface Cleaner – Add 10 drops of thieves and 1 tsp. of witch hazel to a couple ounces of water to make your own natural spray cleaner that’s safe enough for the kids to help clean with!
STRESS AWAY ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND USES:
- Calm and Anxious Child – Put a couple drops of stress away behind the ears of your anxious child before they head off to school.
- De-Stressing Water Bead Sensory Play – Add some stress away to your water bead sensory bin to ease your child’s anxiety and uplift their mood.
- Mood-Boosting Bubble Bath – Use stress away in this homemade bubble bath recipe to boost your child’s mood with a simple bath.
JOY ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND USES:
- Perfume for a Weary Mama – Boost your mood (and encourage a little romance!) as the end of a tiring day by dabbing a couple drops of joy on your wrists and neck.
- Diffuse During an At-Home Date Night – Put a few drops of joy in the diffuser after the kids go to bed to inspire romance for an at-home date night. (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
- Chemical-Free Kid Perfume – Dab some drops of Joy on your little girl’s wrists for her to wear perfume like mama.
- Diffuse During Mama Time – Add some joy to your diffuser when you have a few kid-free minutes to boost your mood. (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
PURIFICATION ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND USES:
- Apply to Insect Bites – Apply a drop of purification to the kids’ bug bites to soothe them and promote healing.
- Help with Diaper Odors – Toss a cotton ball with a few drops of purification into the diaper bin to help eliminate the odors.
- Diffuse to Help Eliminate Odors – Add purification to your diffuser after the kids have gotten sick (on the carpet…) to help purify the air and eliminate odors. (A diffuser comes with the Young Living Premium Kit!)
- Help for Stinky Shoes – Add a few drops of purification to cotton balls before stuffing them into your kids’ stinky shoes. Leave overnight to help eliminate odor.
- Chemical-Free Bug Spray – Add 20 drops of purification to 4 oz. of witch hazel and 4 oz. of water in an 8 oz. spray bottle to make your own chemical-free insect repellent spray.
- Homemade Carpet Deodorizer – Try this recipe that uses purification essential oil to make a natural carpet and furniture deodorizer perfect for cleaning up after the kid-messes and pets.
Want to Get Started with Essential Oils?
Now’s the perfect time! “Spring into Family Wellness” with the best essential oils deal around…
Spring’s Best Essential Oils Starter Kit:
When you purchase a Premium Young Living Starter Kit (which is, on its own, a super deal at $150 – including a collection of the 10 most popular oils, a Home Diffuser [either the Dewdrop or the Tulip depending on stock], a Welcome to Young Living booklet, an Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide, a 5-ml bottle of Citrus Fresh, an AromaGlide Roller Fitment, and more essential oil samples)…
I will help you “get started” by kicking in this FREE EDUCATIONAL PACKAGE:
- An Essential Oil Reference Book – It will either be the Essentials Oils Reference Guide (that retails for $17) or Essential Oils Pocket Reference (that retails for $25). Both books have over 400 pages packed with essential oil information.
- The Essential Oil Starter Guide – a gorgeous 20+ page booklet that covers uses for each of the essential oils in the starter set.
- 3 Laminated Information Sheets: First Aid Guide, Babies and Children Guide, & No Vet for Your Pet
- Access to The Oil Nation and The Oil Explorers Facebook Groups
- Introductory Email Course covering Essential Oil Basics
AND this SPRING BONUS – for all Premium Starter Kits ordered throughout the month of May, 2015:
- A $20 Amazon Gift Card – to spend however you’d like!
*This offer is for US and Canada only, but don’t worry if you are in another country! Many other countries can take advantage of a similar offer. Because not all countries allow the entire starter set to be shipped, you can go through the sign-up process to find out exactly what you are able to order.
More Essential Oil Resources from B-Inspired Mama:
Do you already use essential oils? If so, what are your favorite essential oil uses? Share in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!