My Grandma always had a homemade snack – usually a sweet one – for her grandkids. I remember making gooey caramel popcorn with her one cold Winter day. The still-warm caramel melted into my mouth and paired perfectly with the crunch of the popcorn. And I remember snacking on White Chocolate Muddy Buddies at the picnic table outside her camper one Summer day.
There’s just something about food and memories. Maybe it’s the way that cooking and eating triggers our senses. Capturing special moments in our mind, just waiting for those senses to release sweet memories years later.
That’s why I love making special snacks and treats for my kids during the holidays. I know it’s what they will remember.
A Christmas Muddy Buddies Recipe You’ll Make Every Year!
Here’s one easy and so, so yummy Chex mix recipe perfect for the holiday season: Christmas Muddy Buddies!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy.
This Christmas-themed Chex Muddy Buddies recipe is so easy and fun to make. It’s a great recipe to have the kids help make as a Christmas tradition. They can help stir and shake – and taste test!
Here’s how to make Christmas Muddie Buddies…
First, measure out the Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl, and set it aside.
Then, in a large microwavable glass bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat this in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir it well, and then microwave for about 30 seconds longer, or until mixture can be stirred smooth, as pictured.
Add vanilla and stir thoroughly to combine.
You can store your yummy Christmas Muddy Buddies in this sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. But I doubt it will last that long!
Like this Christmas Muddy Buddies Recipe? Share It & Pin It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
Print this Christmas Muddy Buddies Recipe:
Christmas Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Measure out cereal into a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large microwavable glass bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute, stop and stir, then heat about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Add vanilla to chocolate mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour the chocolate-coated cereal into the food storage bag.
- Add powdered sugar to the bag, then seal the bag and shake until the cereal is well coated in powdered sugar.
- Spread cereal mixture out in a thin layer onto waxed paper. Allow mixture to cool fully.
- Once cool, add cereal mixture along with M&Ms to a large storage container or storage bag. Mix or shake to combine. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Kid-Approved Christmas Recipes:
- 10 Kids’ Christmas Recipes
- Semi-Homemade Christmas Cake Recipe
- DIY Edible Cupcake Toppers for Cute Christmas Cupcakes
- Semi-Homemade Linzer Piggy Cookies