Kids Birthday Chex Mix
You might not realize that aside from all of the other obvious holidays, November and December are our big Birthday months. Sawyer’s at the end of November, Priscilla in the beginning of December, and J.C. at the end of December. Yep, we’re busy… and broke by January! I already shared about Sawyer’s Lego Birthday Party, and I’ll be sharing more about the others throughout the next week.
First I wanted to share the fun Birthday treat we threw together for Sawyer to take in to school. School encourages healthier (and less messy) Birthday treats than the typical cupcakes. So at the last minute I looked around my kitchen and threw together what I named “Birthday Party Chex Mix.”
Birthday Chex Mix Recipe
Be creative and use whatever half-full cereals and snacks you have. Here’s what we used…
- Chex cereal
- mini marshmallows
- mini vanilla wafer cookies
- white chocolate chips
- rainbow sprinkles
- parchment paper
- Combine the cereal and pretzels in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave (in 30 second intervals on medium heat, stirring in between).
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal and pretzels stirring to coat.
- Spread chocolate covered cereal and pretzel mix onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with colorful sprinkles. (This is the part the kids loved to help with!)
- When chocolate has hardened, break up cereal and pretzel mix and combine with remaining ingredients.
Okay, so maybe it still isn’t the healthiest Birthday treat. But at least there’s some healthy cereal and pretzels hidden in there somewhere! And Sawyer said it was a hit at school.
Are you a creative mom blogger who would like to contribute to B-Inspired Mama? Sign up here!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, and Link & Learn Sunday.