A Cute St. Patrick’s Day Handprint Craft
This type of cookie-cutter (they all look the same) craft goes against everything I learned while becoming and being an art teacher. BUT what I’ve learned while being a mother is that every mama LOVES their preschool child’s hand print and ever child loves a craft, cookie-cutter or not. No matter what holiday or cheesy craft it’s incorporated in. So I thought of a fun way to transform my kiddo’s hand print into the rainbow coming out of a pot of gold. Perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day! Here’s how we did it.
St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Handprint Craft
- black construction paper
- white construction paper
- washable paint in rainbow colors
- paint brush, water, and paper towels
- all purpose glue
- foil wrappers from gold coin chocolate candy
- white paint pen (not pictured)
1. Paint rainbow stripes on hand in the order of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).
2. Press down onto top center of white paper to make a hand print. Let dry.
3. Glue foil wrappers onto the white paper at the base of the hand print. Overlap them a little.
4. Don’t forget to enjoy the chocolate coins!
5. Cut out a half circle pot shape from the black paper. Glue black pot onto the white paper just below the gold coins. Overlap the coins a little to make it look like they are inside the pot. Let glue dry.
6. Use the white paint pen to write “Happy St. Patrick’s Day!” on the pot of gold.
This would be so fun to do with a group of preschoolers at a St. Patrick’s Day party. If you could get them past the chocolate eating step that is!
More St. Patrick’s Day Activities
If you like this, get lots more by signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.