"Anything Goes!" Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal Recipe
A super easy Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal using prepared rice (or leftover takeout rice!) and whatever frozen veggies you've got in the fridge or freezer. "Anything Goes!"
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 12 oz Hillshire Farm® Beef Rope Sausage or any of the other Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage varieties: Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage, Smoked Turkey Rope Sausage, or Meat Polska Sausage, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup prepared white rice or any other type of prepared rice
- 1 onion(s) chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas or any frozen veggies in your freezer!
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or try another sauce or oil based salad dressing in your fridge
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop onion and cut Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage into 1" pieces.
Add onion and olive oil skillet to skillet, and saute over medium heat until soft.
Add Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage pieces to skillet, and saute until slightly browned.
Add frozen vegetables and a few splashes of soy sauce to skillet. Turn heat down to medium-low and cover on for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are steamed. (As vegetable defrost and steam, it adds liquid to the skillet, but you could also add a splash of water if needed.)
After vegetables are steamed, remove the lid and stir in rice, adding more soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
Saute until everything is warmed through and looks "good enough to eat!"