This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and GoodNites, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #BetterNights http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO. Please see my disclosure policy.
How do you comfort your sick kids?
I just can’t figure out how the Duggars (with 19 kids “and counting”) do it. Even with just 3 kids, I feel like we’re sick ALL THE TIME. Over the past few months we’ve been passing viruses around like crazy. I feel like I’ve become a bit of an expert of dealing with sick kids. (I know – not exactly a title to be proud of, right?!) And even though I don’t have any potty trainers right now, I’ve discovered that GoodNites Bed Mats are one of my essentials for my sick kids. I’ll share more about that later, but first here’s a list of our essentials to have around when we’re all sick…
Essentials to Comfort Sick Kids
- A Spare Lovey – When each of my kids were babies and attached themselves to their lovey of choice, I went on the hunt for a spare. Some were harder to find spares for than others. But during sick times especially, having a spare lovey is SO worth it!
- Popsicles – Whether it’s to soothe or sore throat or get extra fluids in, popsicles are a lifesaver when my kids are sick. I always make sure the freezer’s stocked.
- Chewable Pain Relievers – My kids hate taking any kind of liquid medicine, but love anything chewable. Probably because it reminds them of candy. But I do make sure to NEVER call it candy; we call it “chewy medicine.”
- Children’s Books – If it’s possible I try to bring out some new library books that the kids haven’t seen in awhile when they need some down time while they’re sick. Reading books together is perfect during sick snuggle time.
- Electronics & Movies – I completely understand the concern around too much technology and TV for young children. But frankly, when my kids (or I) are sick, I just don’t care. I’m at the point where I’ll do what I have to do to just get through the day, and sometimes that means lots of snuggle time in front of the TV or with the Kindle.
- GoodNites Bedtime Underwear & Bed Mats
GoodNites Bedtime Underwear & Bed Mats for Sick Kids, Too!
When kids are sick they can’t always control their bladder and bowel movements as well. So even though I don’t have any potty trainers right now, I still keep some GoodNites Bedtime Underwear and Bed Mats on hand for when my kids are sick. The underwear are handy to be able to just throw away after accidents. And the bed mats have been awesome to keep the mattress clean during accidents or vomiting episodes. I can even line the couches with the bed mats (that have cool adhesive on the bottom) when my sick kids want to hang out in the living room. If you want to have some on hand, too, use this $1.50 coupon at Target for a great deal!
How do you comfort your sick kids? What are your sick kid essentials?
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways,Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase,The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.